• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM illegal virtual key handle but no virtual key

Y

Yvalson

So gamemaker is throwing me this error:

ERROR in
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo : action number 1
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo : of Draw Event
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo : for object Obj_Munna:
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo :
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo : Illegal virtual key handle
01-07 19:15:11.250 10526 10632 I yoyo : at gml_Object_Obj_Munna_Draw_64

but there is no Draw event in the object

and if its talking about Draw GUI then there is still no 64th line either

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Where are you defining the VK? You define them only ONCE (usually in the CREATE event) and then destroy them when not required. Given the error, I suspect you are creating one every frame of the game and so getting a massive memory leak.

Y

Yvalson

Where are you defining the VK? You define them only ONCE (usually in the CREATE event) and then destroy them when not required. Given the error, I suspect you are creating one every frame of the game and so getting a massive memory leak.
I'm not even creating VK for as far as I know that's what makes this so weird
just looked at my code and can confirm that Nowhere in my Obj_Munna I even create a VK

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you cleaned the compiler cache? The "broom" icon at the top of the IDE... the first thing I do whenever I see anything strange like this is clear the cache and try again! If that doesn't work, the next question is, do you have VK's defined anywhere in your game?

Y

Yvalson

Have you cleaned the compiler cache? The "broom" icon at the top of the IDE... the first thing I do whenever I see anything strange like this is clear the cache and try again! If that doesn't work, the next question is, do you have VK's defined anywhere in your game?
alright I fixed the problem (appearantly having the full version of the game installed unables you to launch from gamemaker or something like that) anyway now when I click the pause button nothing happens
here is the code for pausing

Code:
if(global.Pausing && !global.In_Store){
    if(instance_exists(Pause)){
        instance_destroy(Pause)
    }
    Main = instance_create(view_wview / 2, 326, Obj_BMain)
    Game = instance_create(view_wview / 2, 526, Obj_BGame)
}

if(!global.Pausing && !global.In_Store){
    if(instance_exists(Main)){
        instance_destroy(Main)
        instance_destroy(Game)
    }
    Pause = instance_create(16, 256, Obj_PGame)
}
Main, Game, Pause are all set to 0 at the create event.

code when clicking Obj_PGame and Obj_BGame:

Code:
if(!global.Pausing){
    global.Pausing = 1
}
else if(global.Pausing){
    global.Pausing = 0
}