• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

IGCD Rally Raid

M

mystigris

IGCD Rally Raid

Download The Game

Authors: Mystigris, Rinspeed
Release Date: 15/07/2016
Game Development
The game is playable, it works with a system of weekly updates. I regularly add new features, modifications...

The Game:

IGCD Rally Raid is a top down view race game.
It has 2 phases, the first one is a map where players marks GPS points with avoiding obstacles, difficult types of land (like mud, fesh-fesh etc)
Then, there is the race, the player tries to do the best time he can.

IGCD Rally Raid has 3 different modes:

- Championship, it lasts one month (real time), each week a new map and new cars are playable.
The player has to do the best time he can (The times are saved online and compared with others players)
At the end of the week, the best players win points in the championship.
At the end of the month, points are reset.

- The Historic mode where all the past races from championship can be played again (alone or against AI)

- A small mode "Special Events" where some funny or special races can be played.

Additionnal and technical informations:

Game Type Top Down race game.
Multiplayer No multiplayer but the championship times are saved online, competition between players with times.
Additionnal Info:Connexion required to play for the weekly update.
The system checks the version installed and the version required for championship and if it doesn't match it opens browser to download the new version. (This system seems to be seen as a threat by some antivirus/firewall. )
Resolution changes: Yes - Fullscreen or not via Game Options.
Game Maker Version Studio // Game Made for Windows

Screenshots:

Game news and progress:
- I wish I could create a game account system to save time etc online by myself without using gmscoreboard.

Downloadable files

Game: Download

Last edited by a moderator:

KurtBlissZ

I keep getting this error when I start the game. I am running Windows 10 32bit, so that may be related to this,

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_engine:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 393216 bytes
5330 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 1705472 KB
at gml_Script_SL_sprite_set_ambient
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_SL_sprite_set_ambient (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_engine_Alarm_0

The game looks sweet though by the screenshots btw.

M

mystigris

Thanks for trying. :)
I'm using CBNA Smartlight Engine on the game, but with all the sprites I think it causes memory problem for some PC.
I have created a low resolution version of the game which should avoid that, but since it happens to a lot of players, I think I'll try to modify the normal version.

Edit :
I made some modifications on the game which should prevent memory problems for all config now on "normal" and "low config" versions of the game.

If you want to try the low resolution version and tell me if the memory problem is still happening:

http://www.igcd.net/game/igcdrallyraidlowres.exe

Last edited by a moderator: