If the last major programming bug you had was your super power, what would it be?

H

hisoka_2020

Mine would be blasting into space dragging my comrade with me and ignoring everything that is in my way.

H

hisoka_2020

I'd have the amazing super power to always say 3 even though everybody is shouting at me to say 4.
^This just happened now, I am annoyed.

The code says: description = "1/4"
but what he gets is: "1/3"

The ability to tab out of reality and screw it up after returning. Not particularly useful.

This is what happens when my fullscreen/windowed toggle doesn't work properly! :D

Mercerenies

but this is the saddest Justice League ever.
Hey, if we ever encounter a Legion of Doom consisting of
  • A leader who only has power as long as his archrival is near him
  • A villain who controls black holes
  • A bad guy who for some reason thinks he's hisoka's sidekick
  • Electro's evil twin who dies if Electro dies
  • A crook whose fatal weakness is the number 3
  • A reverse Rumpelstiltskin, who only has power as long as people are saying his name
  • A deaf thug, who can only fight enemies he can see
  • A demon who makes the shoes of everyone nearby disappear
then we'll be in business.

Roastedzerg

Hey, if we ever encounter a Legion of Doom consisting of
  • A leader who only has power as long as his archrival is near him
  • A villain who controls black holes
  • A bad guy who for some reason thinks he's hisoka's sidekick
  • Electro's evil twin who dies if Electro dies
  • A crook whose fatal weakness is the number 3
  • A reverse Rumpelstiltskin, who only has power as long as people are saying his name
  • A deaf thug, who can only fight enemies he can see
  • A demon who makes the shoes of everyone nearby disappear
then we'll be in business.
The Legion of Dysfunctional Doom

D

Deleted member 45063

My latest "bug" was incorrectly linking a library in a C program (to sum it up), so I guess my super power is having an idea of talking with a particular person while actually talking to no one. So yay, I speak to imaginary people 😅

Roastedzerg

My latest "bug" was incorrectly linking a library in a C program (to sum it up), so I guess my super power is having an idea of talking with a particular person while actually talking to no one. So yay, I speak to imaginary people 😅
Oh, in that case we have plenty of super heroes of that type running around in real life, schizophrenics lol

H

hisoka_2020

Well I just got a new one...
I have the superpower to have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I wear disappear.
Because for some reason, my player destroys all of the clothing I've putten on him (or her)

P.S. I like this superpower :D

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Every new superhero who doesn't have much experience would have the powers of "hitting the ground so hard you get stuck in your own crater", "walking through walls and getting stuck in them", and "continuing to move forward after you stop walking". On the plus side, they'd be able to jump in mid-air indefinitely.

TheouAegis

Premature Evaluation

(In superhero terms, that's a psychic ability. In programming terms, I forgot to update my grid position and would sometimes be one step ahead.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45063

Identity crisis / Ability to disguise as others. Basically there were some troubles with floating point precision and math conversions, leading to some ranges of number being off by 0.01 (and being identical to the previous/next value's conversion, effectively masking as one another).

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Ability to go back to the place of origin whenever I declare my next destination.

Context: Part of my dialogue system had command "go to room X". The parser would parse this command by creating a struct (since I stored the commands in structs) and setting its "room" variable via variable_struct_set. Except the variable being changed was the built-in global called "room", and the value passed was always a string, which GM interprets as 0 when used as a numeric value. Hence, returning to the place of origin.

woods

the ability to clone myself 10k/sec

making a dragon shoot a fireball.. botched the timer... ended up crashing the machine with a steady stream of fire..
nephew thought it was just grand

1594531037095.png1594531048460.png1594531054619.png1594531115147.png1594531075105.png