• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 If Platformers Were RPGs

J

joqlepecheur

https://joqlepecheur.itch.io/ifplatformerswererpgs

Hi all

The game was made in 2 days for 1 bit clicker jam by kronbits.
https://itch.io/jam/1-bit-clicker-jam
https://itch.io/jam/1-bit-clicker-jam
It is kind of a "joke" game where the character of a platformer has to roll a dice every time he tries to jump over a gap. He also has to keep motivated.
As you can guess, odds are not good :) Fortunately it is an incremantal/idle game so you can read a book at the same time and improve the odds little by little.

If you are curious as to how the game works from a technical point of view, don't hesitate to ask !
To be honest I would have loved to do a real parody of mario but time was lacking, maybe in the future if I associate with a pixel artist ;)

Kind regards

A

arirish

I got stuck 'playing' this for maybe half an hour, maybe more. Is there an end?

S

Shariku Onikage

Urg, that's a dangerous game. Got stuck on it for fifteen minutes. Well done.

C

Chatterb0x

Not gonna lie, I spent a good 30 minutes on this. Pro tip: Go for dinner and let your points max.

J

joqlepecheur

Thank you :) I wil definitely do more clickers in the future !

D

DyingSilence

Makes me want to create something alike.
Great job, only the ending disappointed me a little.

J

joqlepecheur

@DyingSilence
thanks !

I can totally understand
Did you try the "secret sequel" also ;) ? Don't expect anything fancy.

Good luck for your game

@Chatterb0x
Yup, I want to cross that line at some point for a future game

J

joqlepecheur

@OlderBytes
I'm glad you discovered a new way of playing ^^

I am surprised by all the returns I had on the game :)

Due to the "success", next week I will try to find a pixel artist to collaborate and make a semi-professional game out of it.
I have several ideas to enhance the concept, but I need to keep it tight and clean, and as simple as possible.

N

N8Games

@OlderBytes
Due to the "success", next week I will try to find a pixel artist to collaborate and make a semi-professional game out of it.
I have several ideas to enhance the concept, but I need to keep it tight and clean, and as simple as possible.
I kind'a like the art you have now for the game. It may not be super fancy, but it fits with the theme and just feels right for this game. You might consider expanding it a little and publishing it with this art?

Can always create something similar later with art created by an artists later.

Either way good job. I feel like games with a simple premise can sometimes be the better games. Too easy to get overly bogged down by fancy art and complex mechanics. This game is simple but works very well. Kudos!

J

joqlepecheur

I will do a proper post later, but I just released the sequel to expand a little on the concept :)

I hope you like it