• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion If i buy game maker studio 2 is hard to re-create the codes when export to gm studio 2?

G

gabriel33250283

So i creating a game in game maker studio 1 looks like is in the half, if i change to game maker studio 2 i gonna have a lot of code to repair and i like using the gm studio 1, but no is selling game maker studio 1 professional with modules of mac and ubuntu, i want export my game to mac and ubuntu, this gonna have problems if i buy game maker studio 2 and export to mac ubuntu? Because i gonna need re-code much code, as the news of game maker studio is that changed a lot of codes. Or automatic change the codes, or no is much hard to re-create the codes? because i just want the mac and ubuntu modules.
i use much irandom and arrays variables in my game.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
GameMaker: Studio 2 automatically converts incompatible code when importing a 1.x project. Occasionally this can produce slightly different results (e.g. on a recent project I imported parallax scrolling wasn't working as expected at first), but generally anything is easy enough to fix afterwards. A desktop license of GMS1 also comes with GMS2, so you would be able to use that for Mac/Ubuntu if automatic conversion doesn't work out.