• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML if else statement error

G

giancoulas

not sure what i am doing wrong here i tried making the alarm its own object because i want it to do this for only certain rooms but it did not work i am not trying to do it in the player object just to see if i can get it working i also been trying to set it up so the alarm shows up in the camera so the player can see the count down

yes i have looked in the manaual idk if i just cant find it or im just not understand what i am reading any help would be much apreciated thank you

upload_2019-3-25_23-15-44.png

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
An else statement alone will not be able to evaluate an expression. You are attempting to do this anyway at the marked line.

You would need an else if statement for that - that is, an else statement followed by an if statement.

G

giancoulas

An else statement alone will not be able to evaluate an expression. You are attempting to do this anyway at the marked line.

You would need an else if statement for that - that is, an else statement followed by an if statement.

ah ok thank you i managed to figure it out and clean it a bit only problem now the my draw event is not working correctly i have it at 5 seconds for testing purposes but its showing 1800 and not counting down

upload_2019-3-25_23-45-21.png
upload_2019-3-25_23-45-58.png