• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

If customer doesn't have Times New Roman font, what will happen?(GM 8.1 question)

K

kennn

Hi,

I plan to create computer games with GameMaker 8.1 and sell them in the future. I may use draw_text() to draw some texts in my games with Times New Roman font. If some customers buy my games, they will play my games on their computers. If there is no Times New Roman font on their computers, what will display on their computers' screens while they are playing my games.?

In this world, perhaps nearly all Windows computers have Times New Roman font. There may still be a small percentage of Windows computers without this font.

Yes, this is my question. Thanks.

JackTurbo

Doesn't matter if they have the font or not, GMS embeds all used fonts as raster images in your texture pages

Dog Slobber

Using GameMaker 8.1 is a mistake.

It's obsolete, unsupported and is unreliable on Windows OSes beyond v7.

If you're serious about selling your games then buy GMS 2.