• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

idle_to_run run _to_idle Animation transition

TheouAegis

When your horizontal movement is not 0, if sprite_index is spr_dragon_idle (or whatever), change it to spr_dragon_idle_to_run. Else, if horizontal movement is 0, if sprite_index is spr_dragon_run, change it to spr_dragon_run_to_idle. In the Animation End event, if sprite_index is spr_dragon_idle_to_run, if horizontal movement is not 0, change sprite_index to spr_dragon_run, else if horizontal movement is 0, change sprite_index to spr_dragon_run_to_idle. Else, if sprite_index is spr_dragon_run_to_idle, check if horizontal movement is 0; if it is, change sprite_index to spr_dragon_idle, else if horizontal movement is not 0, change sprite_index to spr_dragon_idle_to_run.

Do not allow changing directions unless sprite_index is spr_dragon_idle, otherwise you'll have some weird visual effects.

Just be wary this kind of movement can be really nice looking, but your player may feel like controls are laggy.

D

developermc

I apologize for the late reply, you explained very well, but I don't know how to transcode them, I would be glad if you give a simple example.

D

developermc

Thanks for your contributions I figured out how to do it