• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX IDE/Script Editor - Right CMD Key Shortcuts not working

E

elman

I've run into a bizarre issue when using the Script Editor on a 2015 Macbook Pro, and I did not see any similar issues after searching the forum.

I'm able to use the Left CMD key for all of the standard keyboard shortcuts (cut, copy, select all, etc), but the Right CMD key is only limited to Undo, Redo, and Search and Replace. This occurs with the latest stable release of the IDE.

Outside of GMS: 2, Right CMD key shortcuts function correctly in several different applications.

The problem might be occurring in Game Maker because these shortcuts often appear in the Edit section of the Apple menu bar for most applications. However, in Game Maker, only Undo, Redo, and Search and Replace are listed under Edit. The rest of the shortcuts are listed in the code editor's right-click dropdown menu.

Still, it's weird that this is only affecting the Right CMD key. I'm not sure if the right and left CMD keys operate differently on a system level - regardless, I'd appreciate any assistance with correcting the issue. Hopefully there's a setting I can change in GMS: 2 or the macOS preferences.

I and another user have this issue as well. We were just discussing it the other day here:

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/zoom-keyboard-shortcuts.40052/#post-246914

When I was using the first few versions of the Mac Beta of GMS 2, both left and right command keys worked correctly.

I can't remember which version it was, but they fixed some other issues to do with the keyboard, and since then, only the left command key works for shortcuts.

The other user has submitted a request to the helpdesk.

E

elman

This appears to be fixed in v2.1.4.200! That, or it was an issue corrected in macOS 10.13.4. Is anyone else still having the same issue?