• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows IDE randomly closes/crashes "fatal exception"

J

John Newton

As stated in the title. It happens very often, and often only within a few minutes of opening the IDE. Sometimes there is a crash report (which unfortunately disappears within a few seconds so I can't provide further details), and sometimes the whole IDE just vanishes! I haven't been able to find anything through google, and was hoping to get some tips or hints for troubleshooting this? Is there a console log somewhere that might have more details (and how to decipher them)?

I believe it started with one of the recent updates, but it's possible there's some conflict with my laptop (a Dell XPS 15 9570) which also had a recent BIOS update, as well as some other drivers.

Needless to say this has been frustrating! I have no idea what could be causing it, but google hasn't turned up anything so it doesn't seem like it's widespread.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

J

John Newton

I'm using v2.2.4.459

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John Newton

Ah so I found the ui.log and this last part seemed relevant:

[13:10:24:598(c4a7)] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[13:10:25:17(c4a7)] IDE Exception: OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to make context 131072 current. Error: 2004
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.MakeCurrent(IWindowInfo window)
at OpenTK.GameWindow.MakeCurrent()
at YoYoStudio.Graphics.DesktopManager.set(Int32 _index)
at YoYoStudio.GUI.WindowManager.SelectDesktop(Int32 _desktop)
at YoYoStudio.IDE.Run()
at YoYoStudio.IDE.Execute(String[] _args, Int32 _initialWidth, Int32 _initialHeight)
[13:10:25:18(c4a7)] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[13:10:25:18(c4a7)] ####################################
[13:10:25:18(c4a7)] Break in FatalErrorWarning (IDE:2789)
[13:10:25:19(c4a7)] ####################################

Currently googling but if you guys have any tips that would be appreciated :)

J

John Newton

Hi FrostyCat, yes I found that article too and so far it seems to have fixed it. I'll test some more but so far so good it seems! Thanks :)