• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE IDE Mouse Snapping

A

AlmostOutspoken

I'm not certain if this is a bug or a feature that I haven't been able to turn off.

Whenever I bring the IDE into focus and then click outside of the IDE (eg. on another window) my mouse cursor is snapped back within the bounds of the IDE. This happens every time I try to deselect the IDE.

Is there a way to fix/disable this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I can't say I've ever found this issue... So no idea what to suggest you do. It's certainly not a designed behaviour of the IDE afaik.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yes, you probably should. Make sure to include the TraceIDE.log and the system data from the "About" window (from the Help menu).

Jobo

GMC Elder
This is a known issue but cause is unknown. Remember to include details about your system in your bug report.

L

LarryP

I submitted a bug report on this issue with two monitors quite a while ago. I also have posted a thread on here but don't have the link right now. I have this same issue and it's very annoying. If I click inside Chrome or Firefox on my second monitor, the cursor snaps back to GM2 and it takes two clicks in GM2 for the cursor to start acting correct again. There are other issues with this too. So far, support has not found the fix yet but they have been working on it because they have contacted me more than once on this.

The latest thing going on now since the last update is when I click inside a program on the second monitor, the text gets highlighted while the cursor jumps back inside GM2. This issue is really frustrating. So much so that I don't use GM2 right now.

EDIT: Here is my original post: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gm2-destroys-browser-tabs-and-more.14047/

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShadeX91

The latest thing going on now since the last update is when I click inside a program on the second monitor, the text gets highlighted while the cursor jumps back inside GM2.
What happens is you click outside the window and while your mouse is still pressed down it moves the cursor back to the IDE window. This causes a click+drag to happen which highlights text or moves stuff around depending on where you click..

I have that exact same problem and made a forum post about it back in december including a gif: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...window-when-ide-loses-focus.14613/#post-95553
Sadly I didn't get any response regarding this problem and haven't found a fix yet. I tried to submit a bug report about this when it first happened but the bug reporting website didn't work correctly or something. This bug is the only thing keeping me from using GMS2 over 1.4

L

LarryP

It took a few weeks for support to contact me about this issue. My bug report was posted around the first of December. I wish this was fixed, I love GM2 and want to use it more than I want to use Unity. Unity is fantastic and can do about anything, but I don't enjoy working in it as much as I do GM2. GM2 is more user friendly and just feels better to me. I have days when I hate Unity. :) It can really tick me off.