• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED IDE crashing for some projects

Marko03970

Hello,
I have a problem with Game Maker Studio 2.3+ IDE. I used to work on a project for a long time (since Game Maker Studio 1.x) and I didn't get this problem before. Everything was working well, but then, when I tried to compile the game, in the output window I got this message "Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException." and the project stopped compiling after that message. I tried few times to run the project but the same thing every time. After that, I closed IDE and tried to load this project again, but it was loading for less than a minute and IDE just crashed.

Other projects are working properly. I can load them and run as well.

Hope I explained well, and I hope someone can help me fix it.
Thanks!

obscene

Can't help you with your problem but can give you the general advice to roll it back to 2.5. There are a whole lot of unanswered topics regarding 2.3 that sound just like yours.