• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE IDE crashing a lot since last update

O

Oliver Marshall

Hi all

I've just updated the IDE to 2.2.4.464 and I've noticed that it's crashing a lot. About 5 times in the last 30 mins or so. Sometimes it crashes when I'm doing something, like applying tiles to a room, other times it'll crash just while I'm sat here watching telly.

Any one else seeing it? It's making it hard to do anything really.

2019-10-25 20_30_11-Test RPG - GameMaker Studio 2.png

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What kind of crash? Does it force close? Or is it a message saying "GameMaker Studio has become unstable"? Do you get a crash report dialogue if it's a hard crash? Although, really, this is besides the point and more for my curiosity as I've found it to be very stable on my machine... you should really file a bug and supply the ui.log from the %programdata% folder as that'll tell the devs what's really happening.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
See: Applying the Windows software renderer

As Nocturne already said, you should check ui.log for the last error listed there. If it happens to be the one in the article or the one below, you should apply the patch.
Code:
IDE Exception: OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to make context XXXXXX current