• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE IDE bug : Impossible to reorganize objects

Timorite

Hi.

I have a bit of an annoying bug with all my projects, after I used "reset layout" in order to make some ide panels reappear. It's now impossible to change the order of every object, script, ... within the right sidebar. Also, I can change the order of the windows below (source control, search results, ...) but their content remains at the same place.

I assume it's easily fixable so I'm not sure it's worth a bug report, such as reseting parameters or deleting some ini file, but I'm not sure what exactly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version and nothing has changed.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Check the filter options of the asset browser. Make sure you select "Custom order" instead of one of the alphabetical options.

Timorite

Yes, alphabetical order was ticked. Thank you. The bug with the bottom bar still remains though, windows don't display what their names indicate. But it's no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Try dragging those out from the dock they're in into a floating dock (by dragging them away from any other existing dock). Once you have each of them in their own dock, re-assemble the original dock in the order you want. This may or may not get it to update correctly.

If this issue persists, please file a bug report.