• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE IDE acting increasingly strange. What is the fix?

Over the last few days I've had the following problems:
Day 1) It thinks I'm on trial. Had to re-login to load my project
Day 2) pressing launch in steam yields nothing. The program is running (as per the friends list and task manager) I had to mash the button a few times before the actual start page came up.
Day 3) The screen stays on the start page when i pick a project to load but the project does technically open. it can be run, i can open a workspace but it doesn't have the views setup at all, the output box is floating when I hit f5, no resource tree or anything else are on the screen. Had to reset the view to fix it.

What is happening? I reinstalled once already.

rIKmAN

Over the last few days I've had the following problems:
Day 1) It thinks I'm on trial. Had to re-login to load my project
Day 2) pressing launch in steam yields nothing. The program is running (as per the friends list and task manager) I had to mash the button a few times before the actual start page came up.
Day 3) The screen stays on the start page when i pick a project to load but the project does technically open. it can be run, i can open a workspace but it doesn't have the views setup at all, the output box is floating when I hit f5, no resource tree or anything else are on the screen. Had to reset the view to fix it.

What is happening? I reinstalled once already.
Try running the standalone version and seeing if the same issues occur.
You can download it by logging in to your YYG account and making sure your Steam account is linked to your YYG account.

This will help narrow down whether it's a problem on your machine in general or a problem specifically with the Steam version.