• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Mac OSX Icon not updating after export

Tbug20

I'm trying to export my game, but for some reason, every time I do it, the icon is just the default GameMaker icon instead of the one I set! What's going on? (I'm on Mac)

Tbug20

nevermind, i figured it out. turns out I had to do the little clean-up feature at the top of the screen.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I remember this being an issue in the past as well... especially in GMS1.x, to be 100% sure the icon gets updated, you should do a cache clear and also restart GameMaker. I think it has something to do with the export graphics not being generated in the same pass as the texture pages.

Mercyssh

It could also sometimes be an issue on windows side. Sometimes windows will not refresh icons unless you clear the cache somehow. I forget how I used to do it, but i'm sure you can find some online resource helping with that.