• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android IAP: GooglePlayBilling or GooglePlayServicesIAP ?

PinkySwear

Hell0!
To add In App Purchases, do we need both the extensions:
- Google Play Services IAP
- Google Play Billing

or only one of them?

PinkySwear

last question: is it normal that when we import GooglePlayServicesIAP, its called GooglePlayBilling in the extension list of the assets window?
And what is the difference between the IAP extension, and the Billing extensions?

PinkySwear

..if we do not add in-app purchases, ca we use the GooglePlayBilling extension (to avoid: Please upgrade to Billing Library version 3 or newer to publish this app. ) without GooglePlay detecting it as in app purchases?
Because when we added the IAP extension, it forces us to give a physical address, so we removed the extension, but then it gave the error of not having a billing library version 3..

You've to have Billing Library v.3 or newer if you're using IAP in your game, that's a must. And if not mistaken, any that makes the user pay (be it IAP or pay to download) will require providing your address which will be visible in your marketing page. You will also be required to submit a link to your app's privacy policy. If you don't want to add Billing Library, then remove IAP from your game. And to avoid needing to provide your address, make your game free. Free with ads if not mistaken require providing privacy policy, no need Billing Library, but I can't recall if it'll demand you providing your address or not. If you target children below a certain age group, you must provide privacy policy and get rated, etc. Anyway that's how it goes with GPS, you can't work around their rules if you want to distribute through them.

PinkySwear

hi Snoopy,
.. as i said: we DO NOT have in-app purchases and our games are free, this is why i asked this..

even without IAP, it still asked for our address, we even tick ''no'' in content section where it ask if the game contains IAP. But still, it asked for a billing library. So then we added back IAP extension (for the billing library), but, then it asked for address.. confused to be honest..

Free game, with Ads, NO IAP : don't need the billing extension, right?

PinkySwear

..well i spoke too fast!.. once i delete the permission ''com.android.vending.BILLING'' , i get build failed...
..anyone knows how to remove this permission without having build failed?

PinkySwear

So very confused... o_O
Even when uploading an updated bundle of our game, but with ONLY AdMob extension and GoogleServicesExtension, we still get the warning asking to add a physical address.. Did Google change some policies about this recently?

EDIT: alright so, it worked fine with only the AdMob extension..and i removed google play services and cloud from the play console..
..not sure what removed the ''billing/in app purchases'' detection .. removing the play services extension or removing the cloud links from the console?..

Last edited: