• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android IAP DEBUGGING ISN'T POSSIBLE?

D

DJT

Is that really correct?

The only way I can get my app to talk to the Google Play store at all is to upload a signed compiled APK.

How then am I supposed to test purchases, reading / writing or files containing purchase data etc, verification of products downloaded and so on? Fill my game with messageboxes everywhere?

Does anyone have a practical solution in how to debug IAP?

Thank you

Mert

That's the nature of Google Play as you have to just upload a compiled APK (which also includes Yoyogames' Google Play IAP Extension).
After then, you can make purchases(As long as your app is on Alpha/Beta and you're listed as a tester, you will only make a transaction but no money gets withdrawn from your bank account)

I've myself tested before.

Edit : You can see transactions on your Google Play panel with transaction IDs etc.

D

DJT

OK - will try that now. Thank you very much for your response. Snippets of gold information like that are not easy to come by, and I've yet to read that anywhere in all the GM docs on settings up and using IAP.
Thanks again.

D

DJT

Update : I did the above, and Google took the money, even though I am in INTERNAL TEST mode, and am one of 4 registered test email addresses.
PAYPAL confirmed the transaction.

Also - I have 8 products labelled as ACTIVE in the shop, but only TWO of them can be triggered.

IAP in GM is badly documented. I'm going to raise this as an issue and get them to give some support to it. It should not be this difficult.

Cheers