• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Distribution I want to publish on a console (PS4, XboxOne)

G

Green Elf

I purchased the windows version of GM studio 2 just recently. My main reason for getting the program is because I want to publish a game. I would like to have it on Steam, however I would really prefer to have a game published on PS4 or XboxOne.

Currently I don't see an option for the PS4 or XboxOne version of GM Studio 2 and it just says "coming soon". Can anyone who makes a game in GM Studio 2 publish a game for the PS4 or XboxOne? How does this process work?

I just want to make a game and have it run on one of these consoles.

rIKmAN

I purchased the windows version of GM studio 2 just recently. My main reason for getting the program is because I want to publish a game. I would like to have it on Steam, however I would really prefer to have a game published on PS4 or XboxOne.

Currently I don't see an option for the PS4 or XboxOne version of GM Studio 2 and it just says "coming soon". Can anyone who makes a game in GM Studio 2 publish a game for the PS4 or XboxOne? How does this process work?

I just want to make a game and have it run on one of these consoles.
You can use the UWP exporter to export to an XB1, for which you have to register for a Microsoft Developer Account (~$19).
You can then setup GMS to export to the XB1 and use a retail XB1 in "Dev Mode" as the target.

You don't get complete access to the full power of the console doing it this way, but it allows you to run GMS code on a retail XB1.

If you want to publish to the console and get access to the full power and dev kits etc, then you have to be accepted onto the ID@XBox program, which involces a lot more hoops to jump through and MS/Sony accepting your game onto the project.