Portfolio - Audio I want to make music for your game (no pay)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Plisken, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Plisken

Plisken Member

Hello. So one of my hobbies is composing video game music. It's nothing I strive to do professionally, but I really like doing it. I think it would be cool though to have my music featured in an actual game. I don't want any money (unless of course the game is being sold). My music would probably fit best in a platformer of some type. but maybe you could use it in something else. Here are some of my favorites.

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/riding-river-v2

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/the-fields-super-ultra-mega-better-2018-edition

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/valcano-valley-v2

This is a piano piece I wrote for a friends story:

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/theme-of-kuyah-final

Geoff Jones and Lolligirl like this.
  2. Guest User

Guest User Guest

3. Plisken

Plisken Member

4. Guest User

Guest User Guest

My game needs some action music. I don't know what I want it sound like... Your "riding river v2" sounds good, so maybe something like that but different.

5. Lolligirl

Lolligirl Europe Travel Girl

Just wanted to drop by and say very nice tunes! You manage to capture different feels and areas (fields, volcano, etc.) well by keeping their unique character intact. :)

Plisken likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob Member

Hey Plisken, let me know if you're looking for more work. I've started to work on a Turn Base Strategy medieval game in a low-fantasy setting.

Very early stages of development at the moment ;)

Plisken likes this.
  7. Plisken

Plisken Member

thank you!

8. Plisken

Plisken Member

I'll see what I can do. Just to clearify though, is it needed for any specific instance (like a fight or chase scene) or do you just need background music?

9. Geoff Jones

Geoff Jones Member

Nice work :)

Plisken likes this.
  10. Guest User

Guest User Guest

I just need background music.

11. PotatoBoy

PotatoBoy Member

These are great soundtracks! :) Good job

Plisken likes this.
  12. Plisken

Plisken Member

Ok so this is what I have so far. It's not done but how does this sound? is this close to what you want?

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/demo1

13. Celtech

Celtech Member

Hey Plisken, we're looking for someone to do music for our game! It's a 2D 32bit RPG and quite a bit of music will be needed. If you're interested please shoot me an email: timhinz16@gmail.com

I know you said you don't want pay, but after our game goes up for sale on steam we have no issue splitting some of the profits with you for all your work. If this interests you and you want to know more let me know!

14. Guest User

Guest User Guest

Sounds good. It is very close to what I want. But maybe it needs some more dramatic parts... Not sure.

15. drowned

drowned Member

Hey what's up man? Do you do sound effects? Or ambient sounds, like a forest?

16. YawningDad

YawningDad Member

I enjoyed all the tracks, but Riding River is my favorite. I love the layers of sound and the energy of it. The piano piece is beautiful.

Plisken likes this.
  17. Plisken

Plisken Member

I've never really tried doing sound effects before. I suppose I could ambient music

18. drowned

drowned Member

Yea? How about like an evening forest scene?

19. Plisken

Plisken Member

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/comission-1

Here you go. Let me know if you're happy with it, or if there's anything you want me to change.

20. Plisken

Plisken Member

Here's one of my more ambient tracks I've made if you want to hear it. And yeah depending on what kind of sound you want I could do something for a forest.

https://soundcloud.com/chirstopher-morris/temple-of-wind

21. drowned

drowned Member

That is a cool track, it would be awesome for like an overworld forest or temple in a zelda-style RPG. My game doesn't have any normal background music though, just kind of like ambient sounds... like a fireplace in one scene, wind and thunder in another. I guess I was kind of imagining like insects droning/chirping, leaves rustling, that sort of thing. I know it's not really "music", was just wondering if you had anything on hand.

22. RichHopefulComposer

RichHopefulComposer Member

It might be the "Saria's Song" motif playing in the background that's doing that for you, hahah.
    I agree that it's a pretty good track, though, and I don't think it's wrong to "borrow" such a small slice of music - there are only so many riffs that sound good out there. I just recognized it right away, lol.

It's not just the last piece that's good, though. A lot of this stuff is really cool! Good work, Plisken! =D
    I especially liked Riding River. The background stuff reminded me a bit of Chrono Trigger's battle music, in a really good way. It's not the same at all, but it gave off some of that same cool feeling. Really good!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  23. Plisken

Plisken Member

Thank you! a lot of people seem to like that one the most and i think I have to agree with them

24. Plisken

Plisken Member

Ah ok. yeah I don't have anything like that I'm afraid

25. Guest User

Guest User Guest

I didn't remember that I have asked for music here. :confused:
    Sounds very good. Can I just download it? Do I put you to the credits of my game if I use it?

26. Plisken

Plisken Member

Yeah You can download it. It should have download enabled. Credit me as Christopher Morris.

Guest User likes this.
  27. EZTALES

EZTALES Member

yes please! credits will be given for sure!