Graphics I want to make an 16-bit styled game but I have problems with aspect ratio

Antikore

Hello, I'm new here, I'm Antikore and English is not my main language so my text can contain some errors.

I've used GameMaker Studio from years to now and I'm happy with it. However, I never completed a full game and I'm becoming more strict on details. My problem is that I want to make a 16-bit styled game but aspect ratio makes some graphics to rotate pixelated. I have some ideas of 16-bit styled games but I want to make it rotate smoothly and not pixelated.
(I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this, sorry if not)

An example of what I'm saying:
example.png
How I can achieve this with an easy and effective way?

Thank you for reading :D

Extra info:
Using: GameMaker Studio 1.4

Cpaz

You're not looking for aspect ratio. Not sure what the technical name for it specifically is, but look into using "surface_resize()" on the "application_surface".

I *think* that's what you're looking for. The manual can go into better detail on that than I probably could.

Antikore

You're not looking for aspect ratio. Not sure what the technical name for it specifically is, but look into using "surface_resize()" on the "application_surface".

I *think* that's what you're looking for. The manual can go into better detail on that than I probably could.
Thank you, I've searched in the manual but I didn't found anything relevant, so I might search for those you said.

EDIT: Okay, I tried it and seems to work fine :D

Last edited: