• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics i want to know how you make sprite

K

Kshipment

Hello, guys. It's rainy day in here.(Ah...I want to rest...)
I have join internet cafe which is like this community, and shared many information in there.
But I haven't solve question how I make sprite...
I'm not good at designing or color placement or draw something etc...
Because of that, I spoiled my one game before I release it.
So I believe that I can solve my question in here.
How your guys make sprite?
I want to know the answer.
And I want to know about websites or program that contains about that.

JackTurbo

depends on the style you're after.

Pixel art? then something like spine works well.

Personally I like animating in Animate CC (the latest version of Flash) and exporting to png sequences if I want fluid motion.

Otherwise I'll just use photoshop and its frame based timeline.

That all being said, I'm a Graphic/Digital Designer by trade so I am pretty indoctrinated by Adobe.

That's a big question. It's kind like asking "How do I paint the Mona Lisa?" I suggest you go to your favourite search engine and search for "Pixel Art Tutorials". Then read through the results that you find and practise what they teach. Lot's of practise.

Here's one with many useful links to tutorials: PixelProspector

Alternatively, find an artist to create the sprites that you need.

Also, check out opengameart.org for many examples of game art, quite a few of which you are allowed to download and use in your game. Just check the licensing agreement first.

R

Reaxgrim

Pyxel Edit Or Aseprite Both good programs for pixel art.