Forum Game I want to be the mafia - Guess who won... [1/9]

M

Misu

You are in a realm of hell, locked away into oblivion, within an universe where there is no god and only suffering... and lots and lots of RAAAAGE!!!
I WANT TO BE THE MAFIA!
Welcome to this new and experimental mafia game of doom!​

What is Mafia?
I took this from Merc...

What is the catch?

This new mafia game, you will have a few handicaps given by the host through PM where it describes how you will die instantly. That is right! You can die easily depending on what goes on in the game. However, you can prevent yourself from dying from those handicaps if you have a lynch or more from player votes AND if someone haves you covered up (shielding the other player in public post during a Day phase).

NOTE:
- Players can chose to deactivate the cover up action whenever they want to.
- You can only protect one person at a time.
- If you are protecting someone, you won't die from their handicap cause. You can only die from your own handicap.
- If you are shielding and somehow your handicap is triggered, you can die but the person you were shielding wont.
- Voting yourself won't count in the game (no matter how hard you try :p)
- You can't cover up yourself.

Very simple. Just more thrilling and heart pounding.

- amusudan
- Roytheshort
- Zerb Games (maybe)
- Mercerenies
- Shawn Basnett
- Yokcos
- Matharoo
- Blazing

Last edited:
M

Misu

I assume this means your board game isn't happening then :p
Yeah that game was from September of last year. I lost the story document and map fro the game in my old laptop that died. So yeah, there is no way I can remember everything i had planned out for it.

Mercerenies

Hah! I totally just noticed that there was a necro on that topic. I was really wondering why you started a forum game, got six players, and then ignored everybody. That makes waaaaaay more sense.

A

amusudan

I'm already in, just want to let you know that it's "amusudan" and not "Amusudan".

M

Misu

We got a total of 6 players already! We need 4 more to begin.

Also I applied two new things to the instructions (below NOTE).

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I don't understand the rules.

I don't get your "catch" part at all.

I'm in.

Could someone PLEASE explain me the basics of the game in a different way? Because I don't really get the pastebin link given by the OP. I don't get this:
Why does a person have to die at daytime? Also, the Mafias kill a person at night. So, Isn't the game then easy for the mafias?

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I don't understand the rules.

I don't get your "catch" part at all.

I'm in.

Could someone PLEASE explain me the basics of the game in a different way? Because I don't really get the pastebin link given by the OP. I don't get this:
Why does a person have to die at daytime? Also, the Mafias kill a person at night. So, Isn't the game then easy for the mafias?
Yes, it's fairly weighted on the mafia side. The roles given to the players help to balance this. During the day, players may vote to lynch someone they think has committed a crime against the town. Just lynch or kill all the mafia and you win. Unless you're mafia.

B

Blazing

Sounds interesting. I haven't played mafia in a few years. I'm in.

M

Misu

In this game, people could die easily so I had it set to 10 to make surte the game will last longer however, I set up a deadline now for signing up.

If we dont reach 10 on Monday Saturday, we can start the game with the amount we have.

Last edited:
M

Misu

LOL I completely forgot about the game. Ill start once I get back home.

M

Misu

Alright! Time to get this game over with!

Everyone has woke up in a dark, cold room. Nobody how they got there and why they are in the room. They have some memories of their past but nothing can explain the reason why they are trapped in a dark room. Suddenly, the lights turned on, 9 people were laying down on the floor inside a small room. A speaker immediately turned on.

“~Good morning, everyone! We are gonna play a little game. You are all trapped inside my chamber of torture with a few who are killers. They will murder one of you during the night. They only way to escape from this room is to kill all murderers, then the door to the exit will unlock. But you must choose only one person per night. Think you can manage to escape alive? Let’s play!
Everyone in the room got nervous but knowing that there is hope of escaping but the voice from the speaker continued…

“~Oh and, you all have bombs implanted into your skull, you will all blow up if something is triggered in this room. It can be anything, really… Good luck!
Everyone is now in a state of panic. A bomb that is implanted into their skull, a group of killers within the room, only escapade is by killing others… it’s a game of madness and chance!

DAY 1

Maximum votes required are 5 to proceed to night 1. Day ends on Friday, March 10!

NOTE: if you manage to survive the entire day without using the cover ups and not getting voted, you’ll earn a reward.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!​

Yokcos

"Hi, yes, mister Jigsaw, I have a question: If we can't see the sky or sunlight how are we supposed to know when the day ends?"

Mercerenies

Hm... this should be fun... given the restrictions that I have I think I want to Obama Bush Clinton Kennedy Washington Franklin... does anybody die when I do that? No? Maybe italics?. Or lots of formatting? Work with me here, people. :)

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
What even... You guys trying to kill people? Shouldn't we be trying to keep people alive? I swear...

Here Merc, Have a Pickle, Maybe it'll make you behave. >_>

M

Misu

Shawn gave a pickle to Mercerenies. Seems to be okay with it. Nothing really happened after that.

"Hi, yes, mister Jigsaw, I have a question: If we can't see the sky or sunlight how are we supposed to know when the day ends?"

You have a clock hanging on the wall on your left! You check whether it is daytime or not :p

B

Blazing

Well, if you keep at it, Mercenaries, the townies might win with no lynchings.

I admire Shawn's glorious mustache.

M

Misu

UPDATE

Roytheshort asked everyone to pull his finger but nobody wanted to, nor Mercerenies, who simply pulled Roy's toes instead (which cause absolutely nothing at all).
Blazing tells Shawn he has a beautiful mustache. Shawn felt flabbergasted until his head suddenly began to swell and the next that happen... *BOOM* his head exploded and his body collapse to the ground!

Everybody shrieked as they saw Shawn dies. The speakers suddenly activated and the voice came back.

"Poor Shawn... Want to know who he is?"

Everyone freaked out as the voice continued...

"~Shawn, You are PAWN Q and you are a townie. Handsome, sexy, and witty.

You don’t know anyone in the game, you simply can’t trust anyone at all. You love waffles.

Handicap:

- If someone starts dancing in the game, you die.

- If someone mentions “French toast” you die.

- If someone mentions “Mustache”, you die.

Exclusive Occurrence:

Once every day cycle, you get to give an egg or a pickle to anyone in the game. For random sake.

Day 1 still continues... You all remember that you can avoid these unexpecting deaths by getting someone to cover you up.

Mercerenies

Hm... so breakfasts then?

Bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffles, eggs, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bagels, donuts, hashbrowns, porridge, oatmeal, ham, muffins. Did anyone die?

Also, I eat the pickle, if I can do that.

M

Misu

UPDATE

After the death of Shawn and the mysterious voice speaking through the speaker, Mercerenies notice that Shawn had an interest in breakfast meal. He believes that maybe saying a breakfast meal might trigger a death so he tends to mention several breakfast meals.

Bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, biscuits AND gravy, cereal, waffles...

As soon as he mention that word waffles, amusudan was about to say something...

Wait, does someone die if I say ...
But before he could finish the sentence... his head suddenly swollen and the next second, his head explodes!

The speakers came back immediately and chuckled.

"~HAhahaHA! You guys are seriously gonna keep messing around! This is too good to be true! Just becareful who you mess with..."
"amusudsan, you are PAWN A and you are a townie! Humble, very sweet, and innocent.

You are brother of PAWN G and you both despise each other. You love pancakes.

Handicaps:

- If someone does three typos in a single post, you die.

- If someone mentions the word “assassin” you die.

- If someone mention “waffles” you die.

Exclusive Occurrence:

If someone tries to give an egg to someone, you tend to grab it and eat it."
Another death, so quickly. This is getting out of hand right now.

Yokcos

"hey all of you my death word is a six-syllable word if anyone guesses it you get dibs on my skull"

R

roytheshort

Pulling my finger makes me literally win the game. I don't die, I win the game. Pull my finger.

R

roytheshort

Pull my finger! It doesn't make me die! I swear!

Honestly you idiots are suckers for reverse psychology.

R

roytheshort

But how am I lying? You just don't know! You should pull my finger and find out.

M

Misu

UPDATE

Roytheshort kept insisting everyone to pull his finger, yet nobody felt convince they should.
Mercerenies kept trolling him as he continue to insist. Yockos felt completely desparate of the situation so he mentioned...
Dammit just pull his finger so we can get this meme over with
Roy freaks out... but nothing happens... :p
Everyone thought it was Roy's last moment but it was not at all.

The voice from the speaker cameback...

"~You guys panic too much and waste your time a lot..."
Nobody dies...

B

Blazing

But surely your weakness is not ribbons, Roy. Hopefully no more townies will be killed by this ribbon to commemorate Shawn.

Gives Roy a lime green ribbon.