• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

I want a winstate to happen when an object overlaps another object, what's the best way to go about coding that?

Hello, Gamemakers.

I am an extreme noob who just downloaded GMS2 yesterday to make a prototype, and have with help from a tutorial made a basic platformer. However, I want the game to acknowledge success when two Objects (the creme "cat" and the chocolate "cat" in the picture) overlap each other within the room and send the player to the second Room.

Also is it possible to designate a place within the room as the success location? I suppose a box without collision is the way to go?

Thank you for reading my post, will appreciate every input. Will also take links to relavent video tutorials...

Attachments