• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows I saved my project after making sure it worked, shut down GMS2, now when I run my project it complains of missing object index and won't run?

Amon

I saved my project after making sure it worked, shut down GMS2, now when I run my project it complains of missing object index and won't run?

Here is the output for the code error:

GML:
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object oGUIManager:

Unable to find any instance for object index '6' name 'oBullet1'############################################################################################
gml_Object_oGUIManager_Draw_64 (line 5)
Here is the code in the oGUIManager's Draw Event:

Code:
/// @description Insert description here
// You can write your code in this editor

draw_sprite(sGUIBKG2, 0, room_width - sGUIBKG2.sprite_width - 32, 30);
I have no idea what or why it's complaining about the oBullet1 as it is there and exists.

chamaeleon

Code:
draw_sprite(sGUIBKG2, 0, room_width - sGUIBKG2.sprite_width - 32, 30);
I have no idea what or why it's complaining about the oBullet1 as it is there and exists.
You are trying to use sGUIBKG2 as an instance when you are trying to get the instance variable sprite_width out of it. Presumably sGUIBKG2 and oBullet1 has the same numerical id, and because you're treating the numerical id as an instance, it displays that message.