• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android I need some help to scale my app

Rigby103

Hello!

I am currently making an app (in Portrait mode) and I have a problem with scaling.

For starters, my rooms are 1080x2340 (19:9) because it is my main phone resolution, and it looks great on it, however, when I'm gonna make it available globally, the people downloading it might have bigger or smaller displays, such as 16:9 at 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

So, I would like to have an auto resolution scaler so there would be no hassle with changing resolutions manually.

I am a newbie at GameMaker and I don't know much GML, that's why I need some help from you.

Thanks ^^

Fredrik

Pixelated Pope got a great tutorial on resolution and aspect ratio on yt, so I recommend checking it out. However you could try to scale the application surface to your display size by using display_get_width(); and display_get_height();
If that works on mobile devices (?)

Rigby103

Pixelated Pope got a great tutorial on resolution and aspect ratio on yt, so I recommend checking it out. However you could try to scale the application surface to your display size by using display_get_width(); and display_get_height();
If that works on mobile devices (?)
I already tried putting some popular mobile resolutions and (if the res is detected with display_get_height and width activate view) and added some code so my objects would change their place depending the res, this worked on pc but not on mobile. I read that on mobile you should be using window_get_width and height and put full scale in the game settings, will try that