• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX I need help with my Mac license

1OfAKind

I’ll just start off by saying that I have a windows computer... don’t know if that changes anything.
I just bought the MacOS creator license. I want to know how to use it so I can create the executable. It won’t show up under the “test” on that one panel in the top right corner. I have tried logging out and re logging back into GameMaker, which didn’t work make Mac appear. So what do I do now? Should I delete/uninstall GameMaker?

F

forsamori

Sounds like there might be an issue with your license here. I was going to suggest re-logging, but since you've already tried that then could you please make a helpdesk ticket about this and we can help from there :)

Cheers!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Why did you buy the Mac version when you have a windows PC? Creators edition only works on the machine it's bought for. So buying the Mac version will only work on Mac.

If you want a version than works on windows, either get the windows one, or get the full version and get it on both.

1OfAKind

Why did you buy the Mac version when you have a windows PC? Creators edition only works on the machine it's bought for. So buying the Mac version will only work on Mac.

If you want a version than works on windows, either get the windows one, or get the full version and get it on both.
Oh.

Well long story short, I almost need my game to be on a Mac.
So, is there anyway I could export my game from my pc, upload that file to google drive, open the game on a Mac, and create an executable of the game from the Mac?

If not, then can you reply to my new thread “How can I change my Mac license to Windows?” Or something like that name.

Thanks!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
No, you'd need the full desktop license for that. If you buy creators on windows, it exports to windows, buy it on Mac, it exports to mac. You can either upgrade to desktop, or contact the helpdesk to swap it over to windows.

gnysek

Well long story short, I almost need my game to be on a Mac.
To export to Mac, you need to have a Mac. If you have it - download IDE for Mac and make game there. If not... why did you even bought it, when it's written that it requires mac to export?