• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I need help on licsense

T

tobiask190

I finally installed the first Game Maker Studio but I don't have a license. I've already signed up prior to installing the program, meaning that I never got the license even though I could get a free one by registering. (But I don't want to register again...) What should I do?

S

Skull Wolf

I finally installed the first Game Maker Studio but I don't have a license. I've already signed up prior to installing the program, meaning that I never got the license even though I could get a free one by registering. (But I don't want to register again...) What should I do?
I could be wrong, but I don't think they are giving licenses for the first GameMaker anymore unless you buy the 2nd one.

Edit: You could get the free trial of Game Maker Studio 2. It is worth it and will give you the chance to learn what all new things they have added.

T

tobiask190

Hmm... That's unfortunate. Just wondering, did they say that directly?

S

Skull Wolf

Hmm... That's unfortunate. Just wondering, did they say that directly?
I saw a post on here under official about GameMaker 2 updates. Here is what some of it reads and a link to the posts. Sorry, I can't find the whole thing, but from what I can tell if you didn't purchase GM1 or at least have it already installed onto your computer you won't have access to it. So meaning even if you registered, if you didn't get the license before GM2 was released it doesn't look like you will get one. But again I could be wrong I would message the guy on this link https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?members/shaunjs.2/ direct and maybe he can help you. It seems he is the one who started the post below. I hope this helps you and good luck.

Quotes and Links From The Other Posts:

this might be a better way to put it
in the next 3 months GMS2 will be out of beta, as such access to GMS1 will be taken away as stated on yoyo games website, ok not so bad then, but then in the next 3 months my computer goes mad like windows can do often, i need to reinstall GMS1 but i cant as we dont have access to it and even if we did i could only get a vesrion that will be for windows ubuntu and mac, so in 3 months time i and anyone else in that situation could lose all there other exporters, see what im getting at.
"If you already own GameMaker: Studio 1.X when this happens, then you can still download it from the Licences page of your YoYo Account" - literally from the same article you linked to in the previous quote.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/gamemaker-studio-2-available-for-purchase.13312/page-3

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
1.x free has been discontinued, and you can now get a trial version of 2 instead. We do however include 1.x Pro with a purchase of GMS2 for those who need access to it.