• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I need a GM8 Skin file cuz GMS 2 its running very slow

K

KuRoN

A friend told me a way to solve my problem about GMS 2 running slow its install the GM8 skin, but i was searching through a lot of formus but i couldnt find it, so if someone can help me to find it or where i can found that skin i would be very grateful

<3

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I don't know where you would find that skin...but I can tell you that I seriously doubt changing the skin is going to fix performance problems. I'd recommend you be prepared for disappointment in that regard. Unless you actually like the colors you are changing, you are better off trying to fix the problem more directly.

K

KuRoN

I don't know where you would find that skin...but I can tell you that I seriously doubt changing the skin is going to fix performance problems. I'd recommend you be prepared for disappointment in that regard. Unless you actually like the colors you are changing, you are better off trying to fix the problem more directly.
I see..., what could be a way to solve tha problems? my laptop isnt a good one but still is better than the minimum requeriments

BenRK

Assuming you haven't done any upgrading to the hardware, and it is a Dell Inspiron n4010, your computer only barely passes the minimum requirements and does not meet the recommended requirements. There may be things you can do in Windows 10 that can help. See if there are any processes running in the background that are eating up system resources (anti viruses, Google Chrome, etc). Maybe turn on game mode? (unsure about that one)

As a last resort, you may want to look in to reformatting. If you can, look in to replacing the hard drive with an SSD, but I understand that may not be possible.

K

KuRoN

Assuming you haven't done any upgrading to the hardware, and it is a Dell Inspiron n4010, your computer only barely passes the minimum requirements and does not meet the recommended requirements. There may be things you can do in Windows 10 that can help. See if there are any processes running in the background that are eating up system resources (anti viruses, Google Chrome, etc). Maybe turn on game mode? (unsure about that one)

As a last resort, you may want to look in to reformatting. If you can, look in to replacing the hard drive with an SSD, but I understand that may not be possible.
Thank you, so, a way i think i can solve this is only using the program at once

BenRK

I really do recommend looking in to buying an SSD for your laptop at some point. You'd be surprised how much life that can breath in to old hardware.

But yeah, when using GMS2, it is probably best you have as little running in the background as possible while using an old computer.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
Yup, it does seem like your issue is just how old the machine is. Using another skin for the GUI won't fix that. The minimum requirements are basically just bare minimum for the thing to run at all, but that won't be considered enough to run smoothly. You would want the recommended specs for that.

@BenRK has a very good point though. Putting the OS and software on an SSD suddenly makes everything so much faster(some reality, some illusion). Not only is the spinning HD much slower than an SSD, but that machine comes with a slower one than the 7200RPM HDs that exist. Even on that slow machine, I'm sure the hard drive is bottlenecking plenty, and switching to an SSD would most likely make the bottleneck the CPU. And I wouldn't be surprised at all considering the rest of the specs if an SSD doesn't get rid of most of your hiccups. The CPU is pretty low end, but usually when it is the bottleneck(as opposed to the HD) you are working fast enough.

Also mentioned, you want to have as little else running as possible, as you only have 4GB or RAM, a good portion of which is taken up by Windows 10. A media player blazing out MP3s is likely much better for you than Chrome with a Youtube video up(just as an example). Another thing where the SSD swap can help, if your system is paging RAM onto that HD, is making that page-file access much faster. Generally, if you run out of RAM, Windows will make a page file on your storage(HD, SSD), which serves as additional RAM. Of course, even on an SSD, that is much slower than the hardware RAM, but it will be much faster on the SSD than on the HD for sure.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Go into preferences, open up general settings and you'll see a "Maximum framerate to run GameMsker Studio 2 editor" option set to 60fps.

Drop this down to 10 or 15. That should help a bit.....