• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

I love GML so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krugen

While it is possible to make 3D games with GMS, but I believe there are better engines out there. I love GML, I could easily understand how it works with little programming experience, sure there are still some in-depth stuff I do not know.

So does anyone know any 3D engine that uses similar approach in scripting instead of requiring you to use a certain programming language? I tried Godot but I just couldn't understand the language.

Mert

It's because none of the other engines offer their own scripting languages(or do, but not as easy as GML). You must use a major programming language of their selection to make games. Unity or Godot do exactly what Game Maker does, convert codes. What you write as GML is converted to Javascript when exporting to HTML5. At the end of the day, both get the same results!

But the potential of the language makes it neither beginner level, nor professional. It's either for easy/intermediate level programmers or for those who want to make games faster.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I hope you understand that since this is the official GameMaker Community, discussion about competing products should be kept to an absolute minimum - and it is certainly not appropriate to essentially ask "What's better than the product this community is about?". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.