• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE AN EXE

C

cajuncoding

EDIT: SOLVED! Remember that the platform selection isn't in any of the setting or preferences menus, it's on the top back at the right.

can anyone PLEASE explain to me HOW to just use the "Create Application" in the FREE version to make a simple ass single run .exe file of my game that worked so simply LAST MONTH when I made my first release versions but NOW for some untold reason (no news in the release notes on the yoyogames.com site) that I'm having to Download a 3GB VB compiler SDK (that was never needed before) I'm having to add certificates and accounts and version numbers and COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS CRAP?????

I haven't changed any settings in my GMS program. NONE.

I'm sorry for swearing and I'm seriously holding back but this is being an absolute nightmare. I don't want to buy or sell assets. I don't want to publish to the yoyo marketplace. I just want an exe so I can TEST MY GAME.

I'll add whatever screenshots anyone wants to see of any of the numerous settings pages or account pages or whatever if they'll just help me get back to what was working for me before.

If not I guess I'm just going to learn Unity and rebuild my entire damn game.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cajuncoding

thanks @TsukaYuriko . I got it. I get that that's up in the bar like that for convenience for some people but stupid me I was looking in every single setting and preference menu I could find like logic says it should be in (at least as a secondary place to get to it). 💩💩💩💩 if i know how that got changed. editing the original post and setting as solved