Released I just published my game

R

RetroCop1202

https://retrocop.itch.io/pixplat

its just a short little platformer but I'm curious what everyone thinks of it. . I will be adding 10 free levels every 1 to 2 weeks so that why this cost money. Every 5 levels will introduce a new feature be it ability or enemy. I already have several of these features planned out. The 10th level will be a new boss. I decided to format the game like this so people will keep coming back. I will also optimize and enhance the game in any way I can very often and will make sure to listen to everyone feedback.This is my first game I've ever actually published so I really do appreciate any feedback.

video of gameplay:

I would really appreciate any feedback on what I'm doing wrong in the publishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Street Gaming

First off, congrats on finishing your game.
A word of advice: there are a lot of games competing for people's attention. I would include some screenshots at the least, videos of game play if you can, so that people will feel more inclined to give it a play through.

R

Rusty

If this is truly your first project then I'd recommend not asking people to pay for it. I doubt you're going to get many sales and the feedback you'll be getting will be worth a lot more than 99 cents minus the hosts cut in the long run.

Also, your pitch is going to need a lot of work when presenting your game. Try to include as much information about your project as you can when advertising for new players, that includes screenshots and videos if you can supply them as well as a full description using proper English. If you present yourself and your product in a professional way then people are much more likely to buy from you.

R

RetroCop1202

If this is truly your first project then I'd recommend not asking people to pay for it. I doubt you're going to get many sales and the feedback you'll be getting will be worth a lot more than 99 cents minus the hosts cut in the long run.

Also, your pitch is going to need a lot of work when presenting your game. Try to include as much information about your project as you can when advertising for new players, that includes screenshots and videos if you can supply them as well as a full description using proper English. If you present yourself and your product in a professional way then people are much more likely to buy from you.
I probably should have say this but I'm mainly looking for feedback in all the publishing stuff which luckily I have. Also I am now putting a picture and a video so thanks for that feedback. Going through my original post i did word that oddly so I'll go back and fix that. I really do appreciate the feedback

Niels

Too be honest, I doubt anyone will pay for a game that has 0 art:(

Give the player and enemy characters a sprite and the walls and background some texture so your game will show some personality

D

dj_midknight

Ok I looked at this thread when you very first posted it, and when presented with the option to buy your game sight unseen or nothing at all I chose to not even waste my time suggesting that you post some screenshots or videos. I am quite sure that you feel like this is a masterpiece, but in essence you are asking people to pay money for an unfinished product, and that quite honestly looks like an amateurs first attempt at finishing the introduction to game programming with (insert language) book. Yes you do plan to continue development, but asking for money at this stage is IMO premature. From what I see in the video there is really nothing unique about this sample.

My feedback would be find something really anything that makes this different from other games in the genre and focus heavily on that. Promote the heck out of it on various sites. Give away a bunch of free copies and take that feedback to either turn this into a masterpiece, or start over and build the next amazing thing that comes into your mind.

In no way is any of this intended to discourage you. From what I see you definitely put some time into this, and that's fantastic. I love games with a simple perspective. INK is one of my current favorite games and its like DAMN HOW DID I NOT COME UP WITH THIS simple.