• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows I have missing recources (sprites, rooms, etc) and when I try to recreate them it says they already

I have missing recources (sprites, rooms, etc) and when I try to recreate them it says they already exist and I can't make two objects or sprites with the same name. I don't understand, can I please get some help ? When I attempt to run the game it thinks the sprite names are variables because the "sprites don't exist". It's like it knows they exist (bc I can't recreate them) but also doesn't know they exist at the same time.

https://i.imgur.com/CvUoWiM.png

These are the resources, how do I add them back into the game ? I'm not sure how this happened •=•

of Other Event: Animation End
for object obj_player:

Variable obj_player.spr_player_jump_l(100072, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_player_Other_7 (line 14) - if sprite_index = spr_player_jump_r or sprite_index = spr_player_jump_l
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_player_Other_7 (line 14)

upload_2019-7-4_0-11-28.png

and also my room "rm_adventure" is nonexistent. Yet if I go into my documents and into rooms I can see it there.

Have you checked your actual project folder to see if the files exist on your computer?

If they are there, you can re-import them. Or you can move the existing files out of the project folder and then re-create them.

You might also want to try this handy tool, it might be able to help : https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/tool-gms2-resource-importer-updated-2019-05-01.45739/
That's a good idea, how can I simply re-import them? Is there a way to just import them from within the gamemaker IDE ? The files/folders are there for sure. I checked.

In the GMS IDE, Right-click in the Resource Tree on the section of the resource you want to import. There should be a pop up menu with an option to Import Existing. Then just browse to the location of the resource and select the *.yy file.

In the GMS IDE, Right-click in the Resource Tree on the section of the resource you want to import. There should be a pop up menu with an option to Import Existing. Then just browse to the location of the resource and select the *.yy file.
That's what I ended up doing, everything's working perfectly now, thank you! Thankfully it was only like 6 files that I had to do this with.