I got 2 Choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heanfry

Great Game Idea which could be created for smartphone but also pc.
Would it be better to publish a game on steam, or better android/ios?
I mean which can give better chances to get popular.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You actually have a third choice: Keep it to yourself.

Given what you've posted so far, I am fairly certain this is your first game idea. As someone who has been around here for more than a decade, I can tell you it's likely not as great as you think. This isn't the time to get popular, it's the time to learn the ropes and get a damned clue.

If you're going to make big mistakes from being new, do the smart thing and make them in private.

S

Storyteller

You actually have a third choice: Keep it to yourself.

Given what you've posted so far, I am fairly certain this is your first game idea. As someone who has been around here for more than a decade, I can tell you it's likely not as great as you think. This isn't the time to get popular, it's the time to learn the ropes and get a damned clue.

If you're going to make big mistakes from being new, do the smart thing and make them in private.
experience is no indicator of competence, you can have plenty of experience in doing things the wrong way.

Niels

I would advice to post a demo on this forum when you have something playable. Nothing is more valuable as getting feedback from other people.

M

Mochi

pretending no other responses were made for a moment, i just want to say that not everything is meant to be played everything. if your idea is something that can be played on a smartphone, its probably something a bit smaller scale. i wouldnt try and cram a street fighter game with 6+ buttons and a virtual joystick for instance.

everything being said, the best place to release something depends on what you want to do with it. just what i think anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.