GML Visual I finished "my first game (intro), what's now?

F

FoxLight

I wanted to learn platformer but the tutorial is only in GML and I want DnD
Any suggestions from where to learn? I found one in YouTube but didn't liked it.
:duck:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
There is a DnD platformer tutorial on this page.

Do note that DnD has next to no traction in the GMS 2 user community. You're going to have a hard time finding people who know how to use it and are willing to, and an even harder time finding learning materials for it. If you're going to be choosy about tutorials, you can't afford to use DnD for much longer.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Yes I found this in youtube as well, but's it's feel to me like he's explaining more in a GML way than DnD, it's not like in the official tutorial
Well this is something you have to learn to suck up. There are almost no DnD purists in the GMS 2 user base, and anyone qualified enough to be writing tutorials would have spent substantially more time on GML than DnD. Follow that tutorial anyways, learn some GML on the side, and stop expecting mainstream support for DnD.

OnLashoc

I started out 2 years ago trying to learn GMS2 via DnD. Now I'm glad I decided to go the learn gml route. Though dnd appeals to new users like us, it really hampers your learning and growth. GML just seems to give you more flexibility.