Android I finally finished my first game (Breakout clone for Android)

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Maximiliano, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Maximiliano

Maximiliano Member

Hi everyone! My name is Max and I'm new to the forums. I've been messing around with game maker for some time now and have finally finished my first game after starting many projects (but not finishing any :oops:). It's available for download on the Android Play Store from the following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extravagames.brickbreakerclassic&hl=en

Store Description:
    Brick Breaker Classic is inspired by classic games like Breakout and Arkanoid. Try to break all the bricks without dropping the ball into the abyss. There's powerups that randomly spawn after breaking a brick to help you get through the levels. Try your best to get a good score on each level and unlock all the stars. Breaking multiple bricks at a time gives you a combo bonus granting you more points per brick.

- Completely FREE
    - 35 levels and more in the making
    - 3 powerups available
    - No ads during gameplay
    - Regular updates

I would love to get some feedback on what you think and how I could improve it. I'll be adding some of the suggestions and fixing any bugs found in future updates.

Here are some images of the game:

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-10 at 00.24.27.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-11 at 21.01.48 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-11 at 21.01.48.jpeg

Any comments, advice, or (constructive) criticism are greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear what you all think. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Looks great. :D

Maximiliano likes this.
  3. sandplasma

sandplasma Member

Looks awesome man, very colorful.

4. Maximiliano

Maximiliano Member

So last month I finally got around to making a video for the game. I made it in one afternoon and for the time spent on it I'm quite happy how it ended up. Let me know what you think of it and any suggestions on how to improve it.

Here's the video:

5. ZELPAD

ZELPAD Member

funny, great. o_O

6. melerski

melerski Member

Nice clean look. I love the soundFX! Very good brick art.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Maximiliano likes this.
  7. 0042

0042 Member

nice beginning, change the sounds of hitting the bars to real gun shot, when you destroy a bar that release something like a power up, change it like to TNT sound; It will look sooo funny.

Maximiliano likes this.
  8. Martin Linklater

Martin Linklater Member

That looks great !

9. Maximiliano

Maximiliano Member

Thanks!

I released a new update yesterday with a new lightning bolt powerup. I looked in the marketplace to see if I could find something that would let you create it between two points but I couldn't find anything so I ended up making a small script to do that. If anyone is interested in it I could upload to the marketplace.

Here's a picture, it looks much better in the game once it's moving:
    brickbreakerlightning.png