• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [FIXED] I can't test out my games.

J

Jonar

I must point out a few things first. In the top right corner of the screen, it says that the IDE is v2.2.0.343 and that the Runtime is 2.2.1.287. Whenever I open Game Maker 2 it asks me to update even though I've downloaded the new version several times now. Also I am using a decently powerful computer and I have Windows 10.

Whenever I try to test out a game, everything starts out normal, but at the end there is always this error message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:02.3336775s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.1.287/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Jonar\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 12/09/2018 11:51:03
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

Also, whenever I open a game that isn't a new project, this message occurs:

Resource load failures encountered...
It then lists a bunch of recourse files that are "malformed," each one having "views," a bunch of numbers and slashes, and then "invalid byte coding."

Has anyone experienced this issue? It is effectively ruining my experience with game maker 2 because whenever I save a project, I know that I'll never be able to test that project ever again.

J

Jonar

Just fixed it! It turns out it was because I was using save as instead of the normal save.