1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

I can't sign in on YoyoGames website

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by Raiden, May 29, 2018.

1. Raiden

Raiden Member

Sorry if I posted message in a wrong forum. For last two days I'm trying to sign in on YoyoGames website to download GMS2 Trial. Whenever I try to sign in I get the message that request couldn't be finished because there are too many redirects. I posted a topic on /r/gamemaker, looks like other had no problems. I tried to sign in via Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I also tried to delete all cookies and browser data. What could be the problem?

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. forsamori

forsamori Ex-QA Department GMC Elder

Hey there,

This is something I'm currently investigating. Could I ask you to please try logging in again and take a screenshot of the web console output? There's a chance that an error is being thrown in there.
    On Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+I to open up the Developer Tools, then select Console at the top.

Cheers!

3. Raiden

Raiden Member

No problem! There are no errors in the console. I'm not sure if this can help but it redirects between these two URLs for whole time after the request;

[​IMG]

4. zebro

zebro Member

hey im having this exact problem too and i made an account just to stay updated on this

5. forsamori

Thanks for that screenshot, it's really helped a lot. I'm investigating further now, so will get back ASAP with what I find.

6. forsamori

Ok, so we've identified and fixed the issue now. @zebro @Raiden Could you please try this again?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. Raiden

Raiden Member

8. Raiden

Raiden Member

Hmm, now I have a different problem. When I go back to YoyoGames page to download the trial shopping cart disappears and it looks like I'm logged out and when I want to download the trial it returns me to https://accounts.yoyogames.com/profile/details with the message to fill out the profile details (You need to update your details in order to continue) even though I already did it. It always returns me blank fields (except for the e-mail).

9. forsamori

Could you try again using a different browser or incognito/private browsing? I suspect it's remembering session data and redirecting you incorrectly.

10. Raiden

Raiden Member

Yup, I tried that too (Chrome and Firefox, both with incognito). After I get the message that data is updated successfully I try to access other links in the account section (like Password / security) but I'm always returned to the User details section with the message to update my data.

Here is the screenshot of Network tab again if it helps:

[​IMG]

Here is the most recent e-mail I got after update:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  11. cgPixel

cgPixel Member

Had the same problem, just don't use special characters (ä, ö, ü, á, é and ß for example), the form can't handle this.
    The website and the marketplace are a buggy mess ;(
    (for years)

The best bug is, you can buy/download "GMS 2-only" assets with a valid GMS1 license, you just have to use the right urls (as the buy/download button is invisible).

Kind Regards

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Raiden likes this.
  12. Trol

Trol Member

I can no longer even get to the yoyogames website. Yesterday I could not access the login page and today nothing works. I get a 504 error. I have tried Edge, Firefox, and Chrome. I have also tried 3 separate ISPs.

13. Trol

Trol Member

Whelp, spoke too soon. Just started working again for me in Firefox.

14. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

For me, both Firefox and Chrome fail on YoyoGames' website with a 504 timeout error, or 503 backend fetch error, respectively. And accessing the site from within Studio (latest) causes the IDE to lockup. (Probably because Firefox is my default browser.)

The good news (or bad... depending) is Microsoft Edge works fine on the YYG website.

15. LunaticEdit

LunaticEdit Member

It's not just the website, of which I too cannot access, it's also logging into the app itself that isn't working. Literally every game maker channel online is filling up with angry potsts about getting the no internet error. With no official response on Twitter, this is turning into assetgate 2.0 very quickly.

16. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Where are all you guys located?
    I'm in the UK and have had zero issues with logging in, the website or the MP through any of this, so I can only assume it must be location related.

17. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

I believe you're correct. I'm guessing it's related to the same issue that caused 1-2 minute delays when starting Studio in a previous version.

That delay was fixed in a recent update, but now seems to be happening again to some people. Not as bad as before (for me), but there's now 30-40 second delay when opening Studio.

rIKmAN likes this.
  18. Moonvalk

Moonvalk Member

I was having similar issues with logging into the YYG website (needed to submit a ticket for login issues with GMS2 on Windows 7), and managed to resolve them by deleting all of the cookies referencing yoyogames.com in the settings of Chrome. Sadly, I still cannot use the software.

19. SQGTDev

SQGTDev Member

Weirdly enough, I can usually get to other pages on the YoYo Games site just fine, but the main page rarely works and usually returns a 504 Gateway Error.
    I'm also affected by the "no internet connection" problem that's been preventing me and a lot of other people from using GMS2 for 4 days now, so they're definitely related in some way.

Moonvalk likes this.
  20. Trol

Trol Member

US here.

21. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member