• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion I can't log in into Gamemaker 2. It doesn't detect my internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rafa Madrigal

Hi all!!

Until now, I was using GM2 without any problem. I was away for about 3 weeks, so when I came back, it asked me to install an update v2.1.4.288. Previously I was at v2.1.3.273. I'm running the standalone IDE, not through Steam. It apparently installed correctly, but when I started GM2, it prompted me an error saying:

> Error: Unable to take user offline. Details: Local Machine ID mismatch

When I click retry on that error, it asks me to log in. When I try to do it with a confirmed login (it works on the website), then it shows me the following error:

> Error: Unable to login - no network connection. Details: Local Machine ID mismatch

I went through the same process on my laptop, but in there I could log in and run GM2 properly.

I'm completely blocked on my main working machine (the desktop) at the moment. Could anyone please help my with this? I've tried uninstalling multiple times and trying other few things, but none worked.

Thanks for your time.

XanthorXIII

Hi all!!

Until now, I was using GM2 without any problem. I was away for about 3 weeks, so when I came back, it asked me to install an update v2.1.4.288. Previously I was at v2.1.3.273. I'm running the standalone IDE, not through Steam. It apparently installed correctly, but when I started GM2, it prompted me an error saying:

> Error: Unable to take user offline. Details: Local Machine ID mismatch

When I click retry on that error, it asks me to log in. When I try to do it with a confirmed login (it works on the website), then it shows me the following error:

> Error: Unable to login - no network connection. Details: Local Machine ID mismatch

I went through the same process on my laptop, but in there I could log in and run GM2 properly.

I'm completely blocked on my main working machine (the desktop) at the moment. Could anyone please help my with this? I've tried uninstalling multiple times and trying other few things, but none worked.

Thanks for your time.
Did you fully delete everything in the Appdata folder for GMS2? The other thing you can try is on a different machine if you have one.

S

Scott Cross

I don't know if support tickets can be looked up to help others but I have this same issue and submitted this ticket, 144669, earlier today. The issue has not been resolved but hopefully they will get it corrected. I will post any follow up to this forum.

I

icuurd12b42

check your firewall which may be blocking the port for it...

I have avast and the last update really screwed some programs by adding some (I assume) extra blocking measures. some apps don't pass through its firewall without me having to go in and allowing all ports...

C

CyberDragonGames

interesting let me try that out was thinking it might be something along that lines

C

CyberDragonGames

check your firewall which may be blocking the port for it...

I have avast and the last update really screwed some programs by adding some (I assume) extra blocking measures. some apps don't pass through its firewall without me having to go in and allowing all ports...
what did you change in your firewall settings
i just completely removed avast for the time being

I

icuurd12b42

avast->Open Interface->Protection->Firewall->Application Setting (Bottom Right Link)->YoyoGames (Open Arrow)
Click Each Yoyo Game Program: Allow Outbound Access to the Internet. select All as the drop down option, some have more options than other, some have inbound connection... set to ALL.

BTW Having uninstalled avast may have delegated the settings back to windows' firewall...

also THIS. I just noticed THIS was set to Public Network.... which switches the settings
upload_2018-6-1_5-4-5.png

The other issue I had with the install failing in GMS1.4 was due to using my provider's DNS server. I switched to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4... in your ip4 setting for your network

C

CyberDragonGames

Confirmed. I'm using expressvpn on the west coast San Francisco server. And GMS2 is able to log in. Have not checked other location but this will provide you with a workaround to resolve the issue so you can log in.

I

icuurd12b42

That's an indication that you have either port blocking or that the dns resolver is not doing its job.

Avast VPN also allowed blocked port apps to pass through when the VPN is on... which I found odd

C

CyberDragonGames

Problem is after reviewing everything game maker should not have had issues. I reinstalled it again and again and issue persisted even after disabling all antivirus, and even the firewall.

What I did notice was that when I tried selecting the same vpn server in my state the problem reappeared. What looks like to me that there may be a regional issue.

C

CyberDragonGames

That's an indication that you have either port blocking or that the DNS resolver is not doing its job.

Avast VPN also allowed blocked port apps to pass through when the VPN is on... which I found odd
Also forgot to mention that I'm using Google DNS servers as well. I even switched back to default and the issue was still the same for both default and google

Also when i tested turning the vpn off all i needed to use it for was the initial login. VPN is off now and it logged straight in.

LunaticEdit

Wait so we're supposed to install vpn software, connect to a different region, log in, disconnect and uninstall vpn. Just to get into GMS2? I'm hoping this isn't an official solution.

C

CyberDragonGames

I hope not but thats what it took for me to bypass the issues during login. Until they formally fix the issue

LunaticEdit

This doesn't have anything to do with the EULA change does it? If you log out and back into the site (not the forum), and accept the new EULA and privacy stuff, can you get in?

Update:
My friend who had the issue did this, now he gets machine mismatch instead of connection error

Update 2:
He deleted %appdata%\GameMakerStudio2\um.json and retried. Back to unable to connect..

Update 3:
The issue appears to be regional. Neither my friend nor I can access https://accounts.yoyogames.com/, we get 504 - Gateway time-out errors from nginx, which I'm assuming they're using as a reverse proxy to a docker container for their site or something. but if I go to website checkers online, they can access them just fine. Maybe a data center is down? We live in two different cities in the same state (NC). This also means once my license grace period ends, and it tries to re-validate, I too will be out of luck using this product.

Update 4:
Proof:
proof.png

Last edited:
I

icuurd12b42

that's why I set by DNS to google a while back. I was always getting problem using my provider's DNS which would not resolve the ip for yoyogames.com most of the time. I switched to the new provider Linus Tech Tips talked about 2 weeks ago and started AGAIN to have issues. so I switch back

LunaticEdit

Resolving the url gives me this:
Code:
accounts-9uii1cauaq.stackpathdns.com [151.139.245.9]
I get the following tracert:
Code:
 1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms xxxlocalnetworkipxxx
  2    15 ms    15 ms     9 ms  cpe-104-138-128-1.triad.res.rr.com [104.138.128.1]
  3    27 ms    14 ms    12 ms  24.28.228.40
  4    11 ms    13 ms    14 ms  24.28.255.64
  5    15 ms    14 ms    22 ms  be34.drhmncev01r.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.196]
  6    25 ms    30 ms    31 ms  bu-ether15.asbnva1611w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.80]
  7    29 ms    31 ms    22 ms  bu-ether12.vinnva0510w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.31]
  8    23 ms    20 ms    18 ms  0.ae0.pr0.dca20.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.65]
  9   716 ms   896 ms   698 ms  ge-7-1-6.pr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.9.74]
 10   182 ms   188 ms   183 ms  67.16.142.226
 11   183 ms   190 ms   190 ms  ACTIVSTYLE-INC.s7-0-0.2-1-0.ar4.CHI1.gblx.net [64.210.21.6]
 12   182 ms   203 ms   189 ms  103.66.28.80
 13   192 ms   184 ms   186 ms  151.139.245.9
If the devs troll the forums maybe this will help them.

Edit:
Well the good news is, the Yoyo games website itself isn't even accessible. So at least they won't get new sales from people who won't be able to activate...

Last edited:
Just to add a data point. I'm in China of all places, and I am able to log in to yoyogames.com with my mobile phones 4G connection at the time of this post.

Seems ok from here. Also I was using GMS 2 on my Mac successfully about 10 hours ago, although don't know if it's from cached login or not.

LunaticEdit

It works on my cellphone. I use Google DNS, my friend does not. The only way it would be a DNS issue is if they changed the domain configuration and there was propigation lag. If you can connect and are getting the same ip, then this is not the issue. I'm not saying it's not the issue, as I have no clue, just saying it wouldn't be at the top of my list of things to verify.

It's definitely an issue with YoYo's servers.
There was a brief spot yesterday where I could get into both the YoYo Games site and then GMS2, but only briefly before both stopped working again.
I hope we hear some kind of progress on this issue soon!

C

CyberDragonGames

still up and running after using the vpn to log in. Been going strong since yesterday evening

Z

Zombie381

So I’m having a similar issue. I don’t have internet at my house so I use my hotspot when I need it. I took my laptop to my brothers last night and it automatically connected to his internet. When I opened gms2 it forced me to update. (I’ve been offline for months no problem, I paid legally for my license) after the update it would not allow me to login? Spent HOURS searching for answers last night someone said to turn steam on, which, after I logged into steam it let me work for a bit. Now at home, with my hotspot, steam open(for god knows why, I didn’t buy this software on steam) and It’s still asking me to login every time I open it. But now it’s saying I have no connection again. WTH is going on with this update???

L

Little Red

still up and running after using the vpn to log in. Been going strong since yesterday evening
How do I go about doing this if you don't mind? I'm having the same issue. Was using the trial version of GMS2 then bought the Creators version and I can't login. Getting "no internet connection" error. Very disappointing. ):

LunaticEdit

For people having issues logging in, can you also confirm that https://www.yoyogames.com/ is also inaccessible with a 504 - Gateway Timeout error? If i keep trying, I eventually get into the page, the last successful attempt took 33 seconds TTFB (time to first byte).

P

Porkogougoul

Can't connect to yoyogames.com, i get the same error than you. Reached it using VPN but couldnt log in GMS 2.

K

Kiln

For people having issues logging in, can you also confirm that https://www.yoyogames.com/ is also inaccessible with a 504 - Gateway Timeout error? If i keep trying, I eventually get into the page, the last successful attempt took 33 seconds TTFB (time to first byte).
I am also having issues getting into this site, and the program in general. :/

Z

Zombie381

I can login fine into YoYo games website. I absolutely %100 have network connection and am using the right username/password

LunaticEdit

OK, well I have nothing else to add to this and will just lurk. Clearly there is a major connectivity issue with YoYo games servers. We have all confirmed that it is NOT our computer, as noted above, due to VPN connections working on a computer that has this issue with a normal connection.

The endpoint is 151.139.245.9, which is owned by netDNA (aka MaxCDN), which is now known as StackPath. I am 98% sure there is a either a Yoyo games specific configuration error with their StackPath account, OR a service level issue with StackPath itself. If they are NOT looking into this first, they are wasting their time. The IP is in texas, and none of the hops leave the continental US, so no intercontinental transit is in use, and it goes straight from Spectrum (for me), to Level3, to MaxCDN directly.

https://www.maxcdn.com/blog/what-causes-502-bad-gateway-on-a-cdn/

It's starting to piss me off that they have not said one thing to anyone in any communication channel about this, nor have they responded to my (or I'm assuming, most people's) reports about not being able to use a product they paid for.

Many years ago, I remember purchasing Bioshock, and having to activate the serial code every time I installed it. Being a techie, I regularly reloaded my computer with different beta versions of windows. Eventually I ran out of activations and had to call to reset my activation count. I was told "this is the only time we will do this". Eventually I did indeed run out of activations again and they refused to reset my count again. I hung up the phone, downloaded a cracked version of the game (which worked just fine from then on, no activation), and that was the last game I legally purchased for over 5 years.

They can have the best DRM in the world, making it very difficult to pirate. Great, then people just move on to Godot or GDevelop. Who wins?

I guess we can give them a break though. It's not like they've ever screwed over their paying customers before.

Oh wait...

Last edited:
Z

Zombie381

OK, well I have nothing else to add to this and will just lurk. Clearly there is a major connectivity issue with YoYo games servers. We have all confirmed that it is NOT our computer, as noted above, due to VPN connections working on a computer that has this issue with a normal connection.

The endpoint is 151.139.245.9, which is owned by netDNA (aka MaxCDN), which is now known as StackPath. I am 98% sure there is a either a Yoyo games specific configuration error with their StackPath account, OR a service level issue with StackPath itself. If they are NOT looking into this first, they are wasting their time. The IP is in texas, and none of the hops leave the continental US, so no intercontinental transit is in use, and it goes straight from Spectrum (for me), to Level3, to MaxCDN directly.

It's starting to piss me off that they have not said one thing to anyone in any communication channel about this, nor have they responded to my (or I'm assuming, most people's) reports about not being able to use a product they paid for.

Many years ago, I remember purchasing Bioshock, and having to activate the serial code every time I installed it. Being a techie, I regularly reloaded my computer with different beta versions of windows. Eventually I ran out of activations and had to call to reset my activation count. I was told "this is the only time we will do this". Eventually I did indeed run out of activations again and they refused to reset my count again. I hung up the phone, downloaded a cracked version of the game (which worked just fine from then on, no activation), and that was the last game I legally purchased for over 5 years.

They can have the best DRM in the world, making it very difficult to pirate. Great, then people just move on to Godot or GDevelop. Who wins?
Well put. I will most likely be looking elsewhere for development software as I’m sure most people will now. If people are stealing your software and you make a fix that hurts the ones who paid you legally for it, you’re an idiot. This is infuriating.

P

Porkogougoul

Agree 300%. I think the most infuriating thing is the lack of communication on an issue like this. Come on, there are multiple threads with dozen of people complaining and not a single response, how much times does it takes to tweet "sorry guys, we have some server problems, we are working on it right now, xoxo".

A

Alejandro Martinez

Totally agree with you. I'm sure pirates are not having this issue.

A

Amy

Hmmm, same issue here in Los Gatos, California. Hopefully we'll soon see a solution for it.

C

CyberDragonGames

How do I go about doing this if you don't mind? I'm having the same issue. Was using the trial version of GMS2 then bought the Creators version and I can't login. Getting "no internet connection" error. Very disappointing. ):
I used expressvpn it has a on off click button you can install to turn the vpn on and off. It is a subscription but its not expensive. I had to result to this route as i cannot afford to be down too long. Until yoyo comes up with an official solution or patch to resolve the problem.

D

Drioidown

I've never used Gamemaker before, but I'm having the same issue.

LunaticEdit

Replaced my response. I misunderstood.

Totally agree, this is the quickest way to force people to illicit copies of your software. It's napster all over again.

Last edited:
C

CyberDragonGames

Replaced my response. I misunderstood.

Totally agree, this is the quickest way to force people to illicit copies of your software. It's napster all over again.
Not affiliated with that company just helping people with a work around on the issue to get back up and running. That or i have misunderstood you lol.

J

Jujubee33

If someone who can connect properly post their IP address then you might be able to put their up address with the hostname in windows host file. It might be a temp fix till yoyogames figures out that their DNS provider is messed up.

If someone who can connect properly post their IP address then you might be able to put their up address with the hostname in windows host file. It might be a temp fix till yoyogames figures out that their DNS provider is messed up.
Do you mean like this?:

Code:
ping yoyogames.com
PING yoyogames.com (109.169.50.89): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 109.169.50.89: icmp_seq=0 ttl=53 time=236.773 ms
64 bytes from 109.169.50.89: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=236.890 ms
64 bytes from 109.169.50.89: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=242.529 ms
64 bytes from 109.169.50.89: icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=237.839 ms

ping accounts.yoyogames.com
PING accounts-9uii1cauaq.stackpathdns.com (151.139.245.9): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 151.139.245.9: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=428.947 ms
64 bytes from 151.139.245.9: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=274.930 ms
64 bytes from 151.139.245.9: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=308.665 ms
64 bytes from 151.139.245.9: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=375.971 ms

K

Kiln

As someone's said before, it's really frustrating not having any clear indication that this is even a known issue that they're working to fix. It's been 4 days so far that I haven't been able to use the software, and quite frankly I don't want to use the VPN method people have been using because we shouldn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.