• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows I can't get past the YoYo Account Login despite having a licensed account.

A

antsinmyeyesjohnson

Everytime I try to log into Gamemaker Studio 2 a little 'YoYo Account Login' pops up, I enter my information. Normally I login, and I start making incredible revolutionary games. Instead it asks me 'Please complete your profile to continue' with a button that says 'Update Profile'. So I press the 'Update Profile' button and it brings me to yoyo games website. I update my information, accept the terms, and press 'Save and Continue' button at the bottom of the page. Then it says in red 'The email is already taken...'. This happens regardless of what I put into the fields at yo yo. I tried logging in directly to yoyo but I get the same screen that puts me in the endless loop. I previously was able to get around yoyo's bug by just turning off my internet when using gamemaker studio 2, but gamemaker now detects that and blocks me from doing so. This started happening a month or 2 ago. I appreciate any help provided. I paid for the license I can show the receipt. I understand security reasons and I understand the whole 'forced to allow data collection for legal reasons' bs, I dont even care that you guys collect data when there is absolutely no reason to, collect away. I just want to use my god damn product that I bought and own. Please help!

A

antsinmyeyesjohnson

That link leads me to the same endless loop.

Ricardo

I had that problem yesterday while trying to submit a bug. Fortunately, today everything worked fine.

A

antsinmyeyesjohnson

Try clearing your browser cache and deleting cookies, and if that fails try with another browser.
Tried both. Neither worked.

Profanity and personal attacks removed ~Tsuka

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Which browsers did you try? Try Firefox or even Edge, we've had reports that there are compatibility issues with Chrome and success stories with the former two. Make sure to turn off all popup and script blockers.

That aside, do you happen to have access to any other devices you could try this on?

Last edited:
A

antsinmyeyesjohnson

Ive tried Chrome, Brave, and Firefox. None worked. Ill try Edge and mess with the autopop-up and ad blockers. Thanks for removing my tirade, prolly not the wisest move by me but I regret nothing lol.

A

antsinmyeyesjohnson

Which browsers did you try? Try Firefox or even Edge, we've had reports that there are compatibility issues with Chrome and success stories with the former two. Make sure to turn off all popup and script blockers.

That aside, do you happen to have access to any other devices you could try this on?
I tried edge and that didnt work either. I continue to get "Email has already been taken" in red. Why is it trying to create a new account when it should be updating an account...I dont remember my username, I assume it is the same one that I use here.

Maybe you could try contacting them via their facebook page, or looking up their phone number online and call them if that is practical for you.

Oh, also, the account you use on this forum is not the same as your yoyo games account. You may have used the same email and user name, but the actual accounts are separate.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
You can also reach out to YoYo Games on Twitter (not sure if anyone is monitoring it on weekends though) or contact our administrator @Nocturne - maybe he will be able to elevate the concern if you're entirely unable to log in and even unable to use the support ticket page that's reserved for cases where you can't log in.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If the OP would like to PM me the email address associated with the YoYo Account that has the issue I can see if it can't be resolved.....