• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

I can't get HTML5 working in GM1.4

T

TomCartwright

I just purchased HTML5 I recovered my license and it's not able in Game Maker 1.4 to export in HTML5, it just doesn't show up on the export. Can someone help with this please?

PS: Please don't tell me that GM1.4 doesn't support HTML5 anymore because it should.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
GMS1 supports HTML5 still, but if you "just" bought the HTML5 export, you have to have bought the export for GMS2. They haven't been selling GMS1 exports for years now. You are going to have to use GMS2 if you "just" bought the HTML5 export.

PS: Please don't tell me that GM1.4 doesn't support HTML5 anymore because it should.
GMS1.4 has been sunsetted for several years now. This means yoyogames have not and will not release updates to it since then.

Do not sit comfortably in the mindset that you can use 1.4 indefinitely. Most things in it will probably end up breaking and those things will not get fixed.

Get GMS2 if you wish to develop stable games with GMS.