• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

I cant come up with game ideas. Help.

K

_k0riko_(ピュア)

I've been really hoping to start a new project for a couple weeks now, but I just can"t decide what game I'd like to make. I wanted to make a roguelike or an RPG, or an RTS, and my mind just can't come up with any ideas. \

could someone please give me some advice on how to brainstorm ideas? maybe even some ideas, idk.

thanks!

S

sponsz

Here's one Idea that I had for one of my own projects but scrapped it. Make a demi-god action adventure where you play as a demi-god, fight other gods and take their powers and abilities upon defeating them, and progress through the stages that need you to use the new powers.

P

PrinceOfBelgium

How advanced are your skills? That would be useful to know before I give any ideas. Or you know, you could just learn on the fly like I do.

Posh Indie

That Guy
Just make something you would enjoy playing. If you cannot take a genre and make it into something you would personally enjoy, move on to the next genre. If you cannot find any ideas for any genre that you would enjoy playing then you are in for an uphill development battle.

Find a game you really enjoyed playing in the genre you intend to use, and then find the things you hated about it most (Whether that be things you wish it had that it did not, or things it had that you think were implemented poorly). This will help guide you in your personal direction with the same genre.

Toque

Do you want unique different or serious or out of the box or what.

Combine two different ideas ideas into one.

Farm. RPG

A wizard has turned you into a duck. You must go on quests. Leveling up you turn into different animals. To win you must return to human.

Construction rpg

An Egyptian god has orders you to build a pyramid or you will perish. You must gather slaves and form a construction company to build his pyramid.

I could go on..................

Sometime stupid silly things lead to something different. Logic will lead you to the exact some place. But you want different. So how to get your brain to think of new? Your brain won’t get there unless you give it a new, a different path. Make sense?

Some fun to try anyways.

Chocolate wizard. He needs cocholate for his strength. Destroy the coco plants and claim victory.

Tooth fairy. Wizard.

Fairy needs to Collect teeth to get enough power to defeat the evil gingivitis wizard.

Beer Elves.

On and on.............

Have fun.