• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question - General I can't buy anything as the buttons don't work?

Amon

I open the Marketplace in GMS2. When I try adding something to my basket I'm presented with 'Continue Shopping' and 'Checkout'. When I click either of those buttons they do nothing.

If I then close that little window and manually check my basket, the item is in there. The buttons to pay via paypal or card do not work either.

I've tried waiting 5 minutes to see if it is any kind of lag but no go.

Is anyone else having issues with the market place?

rIKmAN

I open the Marketplace in GMS2. When I try adding something to my basket I'm presented with 'Continue Shopping' and 'Checkout'. When I click either of those buttons they do nothing.

If I then close that little window and manually check my basket, the item is in there. The buttons to pay via paypal or card do not work either.

I've tried waiting 5 minutes to see if it is any kind of lag but no go.

Is anyone else having issues with the market place?
Are you trying to do it through the browser in the GMS2 IDE?

There is a known bug with it and it's broken, so if so use a regular browser and it should work fine.

Last edited:

Amon

Thanks again, dude.

Yep, I was using the browser in GMS2 IDE. Going to the marketplace with Firefox worked out fine.

rIKmAN

Thanks again, dude.

Yep, I was using the browser in GMS2 IDE. Going to the marketplace with Firefox worked out fine.
No worries.
Just so you know it's not just the marketplace it doesn't work with, it doesn't with the YYG website or any of the links in the "Marketplace" menu in the IDE either.

Basically just avoid using it for anything other than the docs for now, but the issue is known and logged on Mantis here: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31008