• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows I can't add sounds .waw, help!

H

himar33

I'm doing a very important job for the school and it's about creating a videogame. It went very well until I started adding sound effects and music.
What happens is that when I give the 3 dots to choose the sound file that I want to add, I get a message saying this: "SoundEditor: OpenFile: DeleteOld: The process can not access the file 'C: \ Users \ samue \ Desktop \ THE LILY'S DREAM \ sounds \ sound0 \ sound0 'because it is being used by another process."
Not only that, when I erase the sound, I leave GM Studio 2 and re-enter it tells me that it couldn't find the sounds / sounds0 / sounds0.yy folder

I only have one month to finish the game and I don't know how can I solve this problem, please help!
Thank you.:( Bocetoh.png Boceto.png

M

MarceloP

Hello @himar33,

I had this same problem with a font. Run Gamemaker with administrative privileges then try deleting it completely from your project and if this error continue, then open your project .yyp and delete the key that has the sound0\sound0.yy value.
There are somewhat related posts here and here.
There we explain how to delete keys in the project that shouldn't be there.

NOTE: Be careful when messing with those keys and try to always backup your project before doing so.

(I know this is a repeated answer, but it's a repeated question as well...)

--- Edited ---
Also a VERY IMPORTANT thing. Try to NEVER create a project with a path with symbols, like ' or anything like that. Avoid any special characters inside your game's path.