iOS Huntercraft [3D, Survival Shooter, Sandbox, RPG]

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Rabbitco, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Then it turns out, you do not believe that the game is made with GMS.
    Then I would like to prove it. How to do it? I will gladly do it.

2. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

That was not the point of why I said that. I meant if people are in any doubts, there is nothing stopping them from checking.

FallFlat likes this.
  3. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

I did not say this as a complaint. And not to you)
    This is for people in doubt. This game is made entirely on the GMS. And yes, this is not all the functionality of 3D in the GMS.
    I have projects that I would like to show, but later. At the moment, a lot of work with Huntercraft.
    As well as doing the transfer of the game on the GMS 2 and porting to android. 64 bits and all that)

P.S. yesterday launched the first location of the game "Forest" on Android with a stable 60 fps(via GMS2)

4. FallFlat

FallFlat Member

They wanted to see you test play the game via the debug mode in GMS. There won't be any more doubt, if you do so.

5. Sk8dududu

Sk8dududu Member

Everyone: "we have doubts this is made in game maker, if you do _____ it will prove it was made in game maker."
    You: "it seems you have doubts, what can I do to prove that I made this in game maker?"
    Never mind proof of GMs, I'm still unconvinced this dude isn't a robot. Lmao

BattleRifle BR55 likes this.
  6. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Good day. Recorded a video of the launch of the game

Roa, Samuel Venable and FallFlat like this.
  7. Misty

Misty Member

I can make minecraft in game maker. Not that hard actually.

FallFlat and Kezarus like this.
  8. Samuel Venable

Thank you for that. Now everyone can stop being big stinky butt poopy pants. :)

When we have the GMC saying "This is too good to be GameMaker" something is obviously wrong with how even the community itself views GameMaker.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Roa and FallFlat like this.
  9. Misty

Misty Member

Its the same as those "Game maker cant do 3d" posts. Whenever someone says that it really just means someone doesnt understand maths and needs to blame a software for their own failures.
    I think people expect a "automatically do everything for me" button, because secretly they long to be featured in a Jim Sterling video someday.

10. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

not to derail this too far but:
    people are always mistified by 3D in GM. but give me a couple hours and I could cook up a full PBR setup in GM. If i don't plan on having many moving objects I can eaven have it perform well. (Never gonna match the performance of using a graphics API directly, optimizing wherever possible.)
    Once you know 3D graphics, its really not that hard. GM has shaders just like any other decent game package.

back on the game:
    Wow that polish is great! The menus look slick, graphics and gameplay look quite nice too.
    Im rather surprised by how smoothly it seems to run on mobile! nice work! technically this looks fantastic!
    on an aestetic point of view though i feel the whole minecraft look is a bit dated, and a few of the assets look somewhat out of place.

I do like this project though because it reminds me you don't need all the fancy tech I usually spend weeks working on to make a well performing 3D game.

Keep up the great work! wishing you luck with this!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  11. Sk8dududu

Sk8dududu Member

I wasn't implying it was hard. Saying he was a robot was because he was speaking like a really bad ai that doesn't understand what anyone is saying to it.

12. Samuel Venable

I feel people are giving AI's too much credit these days...

@Rabbitco I'm super excited to download the Android version when it arrives! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this port! I'm very excited to rate 5/5 as you have been accused and pooped on so much and all because you made a spectacular game! Something is so not right about that! I can't remember if i was one of the people who did that I'll just apologise anyway because you need recognition for this awesome game! :D

13. Carloskhard

Carloskhard Member

Why did you decided to use GM for a 3D game like this? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE GM but for 3D I've always think other engines were better.
    It would be nice to hear your opinion :) Great game also, just amazing how you pushed to the limit 3d in GM!

14. Roa

Roa Member

Nah, I know there are lots of users that can do quick and well with 3d and such, its just most of them are well known and don't hide in the shadows much. So I was taken back someone who I've never heard of had done it without so much as a peep outside this game. @Rabbitco very impressive and I apologize for doubting you. I wish you all the well on your project!

FallFlat likes this.
  15. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Good afternoon friends. I was busy working on a new update.
    [​IMG]

As a result, the update was very large:
    - new map of Moscow
    - New Bombardment Mode
    - Optimization for iPhones 5 and 6(fixed crashes)
    - Added animals to the game
    - New skill: Crossbow Chain
    - Replaced files of the world and models to buffers(binary)
    What increased the loading speed of the game 10 (!) Times, as well as reduced the size of worlds and models files. For example, before, the landscape of the world was stored in an array that was stored in a text file.
    Now the landscape of locations is stored in a buffer, the size of which is only 64KB instead of 1600KB.
    And there are many more small things, among which are synchronization with the server, through HTTP requests, for the realization of game promotions and sales. It seems to be nothing special, but this is my first experience. And of course, finally I correctly implemented all the IAPs, and completely figured out how they work, which also makes me happy)
    New screenshots and videos, as well as a link to the game on iOS AppStore:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/huntercraft/id1456090421

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019