1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS Huntercraft [3D, Survival Shooter, Sandbox, RPG]

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Rabbitco, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Good afternoon members of the forum.
    First a few words off topic.
    I have been involved in game development at GameMaker since childhood.
    Starting from version 6, continuing 6.1, 7, 8+
    Now I am working on the GMS 1.4
    I tried to work with a Unity and UE, but the soul is drawn precisely to the GM.
    And so, I would like to present you my project, which yesterday was able to get into AppStore (iOS).

Promo:
    [​IMG]

Download link:
    [​IMG]

Teaser Trailer:

iOS Gameplay:

Skull Revenge

Sniper

This is a 3D first person shooter, with survival elements, sandbox and RPG.
    Open post-apocalyptic world where the main character is a monster hunter.
    The game has a large number of weapons for the variety of killing and dismembering enemies.
    You are fighting not only against monsters, but also against gangs and military.
    For those killed, you get bonuses - in-game currency, coupons, stars, skulls, hearts, and even vaccines.
    At the moment I have finished only one location. The following are currently developing.

- Separately, I can note the presence in the game of flexible graphics / control / sound settings.

- Many ranks and achievements(Your career ladder)

- Fully destructible world (sandbox). Large selection of blocks for construction.

- Dynamic change of time of day and weather.

- The system of dismemberment of enemies.
    For example, shooting at the hand, the enemy will lose his hand. Shooting in the leg, the enemy will fall without a leg and continue to crawl on you. Shooting in the head, the enemy will lose his head and no longer orientate in space.

- Beautiful and juicy graphics, complemented by not a small number of shaders.

In general, look and rate if possible at the AppStore)
    Thank you for attention

Detail Description:

HUNTERCRAFT
    is a survival shooter for mobile devices.
    You are a hunter of monsters and mutants that are infested with the post-apocalyptic world.
    Open World, will provide a large number of locations in which you will need:
    save the survivors, defend your home, fight for territory with other players(PvP), destroy zombies,
    perform tasks for a while, earning coins, coupons, stars and other currencies.
    Your enemies are not only zombies and mutants, there are gangs in the game that are not averse to killing you and getting your loot.

GAME PROCESS
    You decide how to play. You can arm yourself with a machine gun or a shotgun and insolently shoot without interrupting the hordes.
    Or you can use stealth mode, hiding in the bushes and grass, moving through the trees and kill opponents unnoticed.
    Try not to get close to the zombies, you can get caught. Breaking away from the clutches of the monster will not be easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EXPLORATION
    Explore the world by going into the caves, search the abandoned houses and cars, find scattered resources and provisions.
    The game features a dynamic weather change system. At one moment the clear sun is shining,
    in a minute thunder and lightning can break out and rain will fall.
    Visibility is limited during rain or storm, be careful.
    At the point of contact with lightning, you can find interesting bonuses.
    [​IMG]

RESQUE SURVIVORS
    Save the survivors who need help.
    Protect the survivor from the monsters who want to dine them.
    Call a helicopter using a signal flare and immerse the survivors in a flight.
    [​IMG]

INTERACTIVE

Very flexible system settings graphics, sound and control.
    Intuitively convenient management and colorful graphics.
    The world consisting of blocks, cubes and voxels for the implementation of the sandbox and crafting.
    You can purchase blocks and build any building for housing.
    The world is completely destroyed, you can blow up a grenade and a hole is formed at the site of the explosion.
    Watch the sky, you can see the airdrop, or the plane that will inflict air strikes on your territory.
    [​IMG]

FEATURES
    Traps are a feature of the game, you can lure zombies into the bushes, before you put a trap there.
    You can mine the land of mines, to protect their territories.
    In your arsenal may be grenades, Molotov cocktail, stretch marks, nets and ropes.
    Also available are various skills and abilities: fast moving, high jump, crossbow climber and so on.
    [​IMG]

CROP
    The game is fully accessible plant.
    Find or buy vegetable seeds. Dig beds and plant seeds in the ground.
    After some time, you will be able to collect the finished crop - vegetables and fruits.
    Which you need to eat to replenish health.

STORE & CASES
    In the store you have access to many types of cold-blooded and firearms and traps.
    Weapons have modifications, for example: improved bullets, explosive bullets, incendiary bullets, and so on.
    About 100 types of building blocks. Some types of food: seeds, wheat, vegetables and fruits.
    Large selection of characters, skins for characters and skins for weapons.
    There are also cases, both random and permanent.
    In the cases you can find very rare skins, or weapons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    mb10, hamdrax24, Repix and 9 others like this.
  2. Taddio

Taddio Member

Bro, too bad I don't own anything Apple in the mobile department, this looks incredibly good! Colors, lights, overall vibe, I think you hit close to a bull's eye on that one, very nice job!!

3. Mert

Mert Member

Very very impressive!
    Unfortunately, I'm an Android user

4. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

I have a release plan for Google Play(Android) soon.
    But at the moment the question is in optimization.
    Why is it that YYC on iOS works much better than on android.
    However, I am working on it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Mert and Taddio like this.
  5. Lonewolff

Lonewolff Member

This looks very cool. Well done!

6. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

7. SeraphSword

SeraphSword Member

8. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Ummmm... So, the YouTube video you posted uses the name "Reflekt Games", and a quick search for that name shows...

"Design Craft: Modern "
    "Modern Craft: Mini Build "
    "Clown Craft: Adventure"
    "StarCraft Wars: Episode"
    "Grand Craft Auto"
    etc...
    etc...
    etc...

So, is this the same game you've been trying to punt around for the last 3-4 years at least, just re-skinned (again)?

Also, why has your google play account been suspended?

Also, what does this game have to do with this site here? https://hcs.land/

Oh, and why does this Privacy Policy for Reflekt Games link to Unity?

I'll be honest, I'm VERY sceptical that this game was made with GameMaker and I'm also a bit sceptical that this isn't some asset flip...

PS: I'm really not trying to be rude or belittle anything you may have achieved, btw, and I sincerely hope that this game is made with GMS and that it does well for you if it is. However I have a duty to the forums and can't permit anyone to post projects that are not made in GameMaker, and seeing so many previous games that look almost exactly the same that have been pulled from the Play Store makes me worry.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  9. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Hi Nocturne.
    I do not understand your indignation.
    All these games, as well as the game that I published here were made by me, completely.
    These games were made on the GMS.
    The engine (in the GMS) created for this type of games I have been writing for over 5 years. All the while improving and modernizing it.
    Reflekt Games account was created 2 years ago. All the games on it are also mine and made on the GMS. The account was closed, as stated in the letter, due to copyright infringement on the game StarCraft Wars: Episode.
    Also on the account was the game Battle Craft Z, which I developed and improved for half a year. However, it was also deleted with the entire account.

Here is the first trailer for this game:

It was a shame that all my efforts were vain. Moreover, I think you can guess how difficult the development of 3D games in GMS is. However, I do not complain, I love it.
    Over the course of 4 months, on the basis of Battle Craft Z(don't forget, this is also my game, made absolutely from scratch) I made it, practically from scratch, I made the game Huntercraft, which I presented to you. Do you think this is a crime?
    I made the game putting all my soul and love into it. I worked on the game 20 hours a day, I made it as qualitatively as I could. I put all my knowledge and skills into it. In the game I realized a lot of everything, although there are a lot of things that I just plan to add.

The site https://hcs.land/ for the first time I see. I came up with the name completely randomly based on the fact that in my game the main character is a hunter.

Oh, and of course you know that AppStore(iOS) like Google Play(Android) requires a privacy policy about players data usage.
    I use Unity advertising in the game, hence the privacy policy leading to Unity's privacy policy website.
    As an administrator, of course, you understand this all)))

However, thank you, your lack of confidence in the integrity of my project, says that I really did a great job and the game is not ashamed to show.

And yes, for your confidence, I attach some screenshots from the source:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carloskhard, Japster and Dogarooski like this.
  10. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

For example. To showing my approach to the game.
    To create promo picture and icon for the markets, I used a 3Ds max and Corona Render. Created a scene in 3ds max using a spherical HDR map, corona lightboxes and rendered it all.

I think result is amazing:

[​IMG]

And I have a few more projects in development. Which may surprise you. Which are also developed on the GMS)
    Thanks for attention)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Carloskhard, Japster and Dogarooski like this.
  11. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

:) Like I said, I'm really NOT trying to put you down! I've just seen too many people flipping assets or trying to scam the users of this forum (and other stores and sites) with games that they haven't made or that they've simply bought the source for from an asset store that I am naturally sceptical, especially when I see that the same engine seems to have been used for multiple games and those games have all disappeared.

That said, I will happily eat humble pie in this case and apologise sincerely for doubting the project and your integrity. I thank you for taking the time to address my concerns and for not taking it personally, and I really hope the game does well for you!!!

12. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

So as an administrator, could you help put the game on your Facebook / Twitter?
    Perhaps some other resources on the GM?
    I would say a little to support the game.

I am a good developer and programmer.
    But a bad publisher, distributor and manager for the game.
    I do not understand this at all.
    Thanks)

Nocturne likes this.
  13. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

14. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

15. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

Honestly, 3 days is not very long. I'd wait at least a week before holding your breath, but that's just my take on the matter. They have limited staff and have a lot of priorities to take care of.

Also, this game looks incredible. I hope they feature it.

Japster likes this.
  16. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Thank you. It is very strange, a lot of time has passed, so far they have not answered and have not posted the game.
    However, the development of the update is in full swing.
    For example, at the moment I'm testing a new location (City) and a new gun (Thompson)
    [​IMG]

Japster and Samuel Venable like this.
  17. Gravityhamster48

Gravityhamster48 Member

This sort of game isn't my cup of tea, but I love seeing 3D games like this that have advanced lighting and graphics made in Gamemaker because it totally goes against the grain of people saying "you can't make 3D games in Gamemaker" or at least that you can't make high quality 3D games in Gamemaker. Many people discourage it, say it can't be done, or don't even try themselves, and props to people like you for defying that.

Japster, Toque and Samuel Venable like this.
  18. Samuel Venable

^Agreed.

Gravityhamster48 likes this.
  19. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Don't know what you are expecting. The submission does not guarantee that they will showcase it. It even says on the the submission form that your game "could" be promoted. They do not say that it would. Perhaps just give them more time, as 1 week or two is nothing when nobody outside of YYG has any idea how many games have been submitted before yours, how long it takes to get through them all, or how long the review process is.

Toque and Samuel Venable like this.
  20. IGameArt

IGameArt Member

@Rabbitco, you can expect to wait weeks.

21. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

What if they don't want to post a 3D game?
    Or it is irrelevant to the case ...

22. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

By the way, for those who doubt the possibilities of GMS, here is a project that I did 5 years ago.
    I did not finish it. It was more of a demonstration of possibilities. And it was awesome.
    And of course I understand that other engines are capable of much more, but we all love GMS and we are interested in what GMS can do)

Japster, Samuel Venable and Toque like this.
  23. Samuel Venable

If you ported this to desktop I'd buy it for much more than what I'd pay for mobile, just sayin.

Morendral likes this.
  24. Morendral

Morendral Member

I don't see any other 3D games featured, and I've thought about this as well. My suspicion is that yoyo won't showcase a 3D game because it's not what the engine is primarily designed for, and requires way more effort/knowledge than what someone who is looking to buy GMS would be able to start with. There isn't any 3D DnD commands that I'm aware of, so that pretty much means to me that 3D is just there for really advanced users to play with. I could be wrong about it, and i hope i am. This looks great.

I agree with this. You would increase sales if you do both platforms. I am interested in desktop, as i also don't own an iOS device

Samuel Venable likes this.
  25. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

There were a couple 3d games on showcase, Neighborhorde is the one I can recall off the top of my head.

26. Morendral

Morendral Member

Wow, well i was wrong then. I guess i haven't looked at the showcase in a while!

27. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Good afternoon friends.
    I launched a new version of the game on AppStore and waiting for moderation.
    In the new version added a new location (Detroit), a new gun (Thompson), as well as a new game mode - Purge.

Moreover, I prepared several demo videos showing the game from the inside and the technical capabilities / features.

Enjoy watching.

World exploration
    Demonstration of nature, water, dynamic time of day and weather, lensflares and particles.

Combat system and dismemberment
    The body of a zombie is very fragile, you can shoot off his every limb. Headshot - cuts off the head. Hitting the legs, cuts off the legs and the zombie falls, continuing to crawl behind you.

Mini game: Skull Revenge
    There are many tasks and mini games scattered around the locations. For each of them you get your bonuses. For one game you get z cents, for another coupons for a third stars, etc.

Sniper
    Many types of weapons available to the player. One of them is the M24 sniper rifle. Sowing on the roof of a building, you can easily hunt without danger of attack.

Destructible World
    Game locations are absolutely destructible. You can build your own buildings. You can also destroy the world, especially using heavy weapons such as mines, grenades, bombs and as shown in the video - M72 LAW.
    This can be interesting in multiplayer mode.

28. Taddio

Taddio Member

Wow, I just noticed the player's watch seems to be giving the current (real-world) time, nice attention to detail and pretty cool idea, honestly!

Joe Ellis likes this.
  29. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Oh yes, the clock shows the real(game) time of day. At first, I wanted to make not a watch, but a wrist compass. But who needs it? Then I wanted to do what the clock hand shows if there is a zombie nearby. Then I decided that just a real time clock would be cool.
    Thanks for the feedback)

Rob and Taddio like this.
  30. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

31. Toque

Toque Member

Downloading now on iOS.

32. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

I started working with skins for weapons
    The first pack with a parrot pattern, so to say a test pack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

33. BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55 Member

34. MilesThatch

MilesThatch Member

:/ I don't use anim8tor... although we did study it back in High School... I tried to for a day, got cancer, used Maya instead and finished the subject at the top of my class....

was the only hs class I got an ace in....

35. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

I use a lot of things
    Anim8or for quick viewing of models
    3ds max for modeling and rendering
    Sometimes, when I need to quickly edit some vertex/polygons of the model, the Anim8or also helps a lot.

36. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Good day friends.
    I'm introduce to you the development of a large update (1.0.4) as follows:
    - new map (Factory)
    - new gun (Saiga)
    - as well as a new weapon skins system
    I plan to finish the update in the few days and upload it on iTunes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. Morendral

Morendral Member

Was it an intentional choice to make that bolt action scoped rifle have the bolt handle on the wrong side?

38. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Of course, perhaps this is stupid, but the weapon on the right side is much more interesting than the left. By this I inverted the sides)

39. Morendral

Morendral Member

Its still a right handed shooter though, and they would operate the bolt with their right hand. The bolt should face to the outside from the shooters perspective unless they have a different dominant eye from their dominant hand.

40. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

You are definitely right. Maybe I will do as it should. We'll see.

41. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

This is probably the most impressive 3d project I've seen with gamemaker, it's really cool to see a game that's fully running and got loads going on in 3d, it is what I'm hoping will happen when I release ****3D, it's a hard job what I'm doing though cus I'm making something that can "make" those things, and I'm having to factor in several possibilities at once all the time, it's great to see someone doing something 3d without being weighed down by these things and just make one specific thing

42. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am really pleased to hear praise for my work)
    However, while I am awaiting the moderation of a new update, the work continues, a new set of skins for weapons in development (Zebra Palette)
    I am also starting to optimize the game for android devices. It's just the beginning, so any information about this will appear later.
    This is due to the fact that it is time to transfer the development of the game to GMS 2, there are some nuances that take time to solve.
    But look at the screenshots of new skins on the guns, thank you for your attention)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joe Ellis likes this.
  43. Misty

Misty Member

If only you made this 10 years ago, you'd be a billionaire.

44. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Thank you, I do not even know if this is a compliment)
    But we do not sleep, new skins in development:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Gameplay Demonstration - Survivor Rescue

46. Roa

Roa Member

Soo, its been since GM6 and you already had the voxel art syle trend going and your characters look like mine craft, a game from 2009? Honestly, I'd be happy to see some proof of this being compiled in GMS or something that shows its GM, like throwing up the debug overlay or showing the stock ****ty message box. Or even a small source code demo. Nocturne has to maintain some professionalism of his doubt, but I'm not convinced if I'm completely honest. I know people have done backfips for 3d in GMS, but you seem to be pulling too many miracles and happened chances, some beyond are best well and knowledgeable users. All these uploads under different names and stuff, even your youtube, where you don't show this game or anything resembling it at all.

Nocturne likes this.
  47. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

Honestly, I did not understand what exactly you do not understand or what you want?
    You do not believe that this game on the GMS, or you do not like my game?
    Are you embarrassed that I have had several accounts all the time?)
    This is not prohibited, why not.
    To be honest, it sounds a bit absurd)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  48. Rabbitco

Rabbitco Member

New version of the game 1.0.61 already on AppStore:
    [​IMG]

49. iTzCallumUK

iTzCallumUK Member

I agree with this. I haven't used GMS in a while, since starting to learn Unity in college. I'd also like to see you working on the game within GMS, because this does not look like any GameMaker game I've seen before. If it is GMS. Then hats off, but I do have a lot of doubt about it being in GMS

50. Samuel Venable

If anyone is at all familiar with how GMS-created iOS apps are structured, it is technically possible to prove/disprove whether this was made with GMS pretty easliy. Just get the ipa file onto your computer via iTunes and extract it like a zip folder. and compare it with a game you know for a fact was made with GMS because you are one who made the ipa for comparing or w/e.

CyberTwister likes this.