1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Humble Bundle + Steam Deal?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Mottafier, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Mottafier

Mottafier Member

I'm very fond of the Steam version of Gamemaker. I have bought some Gamemaker keys through Humble Bundle, I've logged into my YoYoGames account on Gamemaker:Studio, but they haven't worked yet and I am getting concerned. Do I need to download the non-steam version in order for these to work, or do I just need to keep waiting?

2. Meowmere

Meowmere Guest

I've read somewhere that you need to go to your liscenses on the YoYo website and click that one button that sounds like it's to restore lost liscenses (sorry I've got no clue what I'm talking about) then ask about steam after that.

3. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Member

if you connected it to your steam account you will have to wait 14 days, then click the button to send your licences.

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

What are the advantages of connecting it to / using it via your Steam account as opposed to a standard installation?

5. RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks Member

it tells you how long you used it, I dunno really I just connect it cos why not.

6. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Not sure, that's kinda why I'm asking lol! :)

7. Venom Friend

Venom Friend Member

You can use the Steam Workshop with it. AFAIK, that's the only difference.

rIKmAN likes this.