• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Humble Bundle GameMaker .gmz files won't open

M

Moon

Hi

I bought the Humble Bundle special with the complete games and their source code but after I've downloaded the gmz game file and try to import it, it says this error: .gmz (Game name).gmz could not be read. Exception class name = EJcI CompressionError Exception message = Sevenzip: Error result (80004005) "Unspecified Error".

I have enough memory and I downloaded it again just in case but it doesn't open and the project folder has no files for the game.

Any solutions?

41nd

Hi, i did not experienced any problems importing ALL of the source code archives into GMS.. maybe your downloads were corrupted somehow..?

M

Moon

Hi, i did not experienced any problems importing ALL of the source code archives into GMS.. maybe your downloads were corrupted somehow..?
I thought so too but when I redownloaded them, it gave me the same error.

S

Senjecko

I'm having the same issue. Game maker studio only wants to open .GMX files, and not GMZ

**update
Whoops, actually I was just trying to do a normal open on it, once I switched it to the actual import tab it was able to find it and load everything in after a lot of thinking

Last edited by a moderator: