• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Humble bundel gamemaker 1 and modules

J

Juanacv

Hello everybody, new here.

I am currently with a lot of time and I remembered when i bought gm1 years ago in a humble bundle sale. I bought the base tool with export modules, and now, watching around, I have seen there is no support anymore for gm1. I have some codes i redeemed just when i bought it, but when i run the editor, i can't find if the export modules are still there and i can use them or if i lost them, or if i could claim them again. Any clue? Is still possible to export to android and html5 (my main targets)?

Thank you very much.

Posh Indie

That Guy
I am not sure how well they currently work, as I (and many others) have moved on to Game Maker Studio 2, but I would caution you not to rely too heavily on Game Maker: Studio 1.4's unsupported exporters (Especially for platforms as fickle as HTML5 and Android). They may work now, but there is no guarantee they will work tomorrow.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The modules are still there for you to use, but the HTML5 and Android exports are both unmerchandisable now. The Android export is garbage now because Google Play changed to 64-bit binaries after GMS 1.4's sunset (similar with iOS too), and the HTML5 export is already showing its age with browser changes since then. You can still build products with them and play with them locally, but don't expect them to be perfect, and definitely don't expect them to find acceptance online.

J

Juanacv

The modules are still there for you to use, but the HTML5 and Android exports are both unmerchandisable now. The Android export is garbage now because Google Play changed to 64-bit binaries after GMS 1.4's sunset (similar with iOS too), and the HTML5 export is already showing its age with browser changes since then. You can still build products with them and play with them locally, but don't expect them to be perfect, and definitely don't expect them to find acceptance online.
Thank you very much for the answer.

I just want to learn and test it, if i go for seriously produce a game maybe i will move to gm2.

Regards.