• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML5 Not Respecting Animation Speed

W

wizwit

Hello,

My game seems to work fine when I test it locally on Windows, but when I export it to HTML5 the animation speed seems to be ignored and it runs with the framerate.

Are there any fixes out there for this? Thank you!

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I've seen the bug in the latest Studio 2 version too. (Haven't reported it yet, but on my list.)

The error is that (in HTML5) "1 frame per game frame" is mis-interpreted as 1 frame per second. So the animation runs very slowly. However, if you select "n frames per second" option, it should run fine in HTML5.

I typically select either 30 or 60 frames/sec in HTML5.

W

wizwit

I've seen the bug in the latest Studio 2 version too. (Haven't reported it yet, but on my list.)

The error is that (in HTML5) "1 frame per game frame" is mis-interpreted as 1 frame per second. So the animation runs very slowly. However, if you select "n frames per second" option, it should run fine in HTML5.

I typically select either 30 or 60 frames/sec in HTML5.
I already have all of the animations set to frames per second and it is still giving me the same results. I tried swapping it to 1 frame per game frame and it still does it too. Any other ideas?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
hmm...Are these animations in an asset layer? Or an instance layer? Are you setting the animation speed within the instance code, or in the IDE / sprite editor?

W

wizwit

hmm...Are these animations in an asset layer? Or an instance layer? Are you setting the animation speed within the instance code, or in the IDE / sprite editor?
Animations are on an instance layer and the animation speed is set in the sprite editor.

It happens with every project I create too, not just this one!

W

wizwit

Animations are on an instance layer and the animation speed is set in the sprite editor.

It happens with every project I create too, not just this one!
I just threw the sprites on an asset layer and they seem to work there. It must be a problem with the objects layer then!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Can you please file a bug with a simple example and we'll take a look.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
No, 0 FPS is a special case, and not what is being talked about here.

W

wizwit

No, 0 FPS is a special case, and not what is being talked about here.
After reading that bug report, it seems like it may stem from the same problem. The animation in HTML5 is ignoring the speed I set for it completely, just as it would if you set it to 0.

P

Pumped about GameMaker

Hello. I am experiencing the same. I guess it is a similar problem that was described in bug 0026243 (for background animation speeds).

I tried to file a bug via the bug report form, but don't know if I did it right. I have prepared a simple export file with just 1 sprite in it, but could not easily attach it as a file.